Awhile back I was inspired by a gamer on the internet who had converted some Goblins into Gnomes. So I decided to try something similar but with my own style. Unsurprisingly, after I did this I found several other folks online had had similar ideas as well. Including JFA of Hagglethorn Hollow fame.

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2019/08/02/the-first-of-the-gnomes/

A bit of greenstuff and a change in the usual colors… presto! Gnomes instead of Goblins.

In hindsight if I was doing this again I think I would use different arms, weapons and shields on the two melee models but otherwise I am pleased with how they came out. Of course they are rather big Gnomes.

The next Gnomes I convert will be from Wargames Atlantic Halfling Militia….

150E762B-976E-40CF-B97A-ABDA802B86D6.jpeg

C1375D22-831F-4440-A131-82E74EE1E60C.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your kind words. 

Depending on how my work on the Wargames Atlantic Halflings go, these three may be converted yet again to be Dwarves that can better fit in with the mix of Dwarf figures my wife and I use for our Middle Earth gaming.

Edited by Grumpy Gnome
  • Like 1

Wow!  Those conversions work surprisingly well!  It's amazing what addition of a beard and a few other details can do.  I really like the touch of the pipe the gnome on the viewer's left has.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Wow!  Those conversions work surprisingly well!  It's amazing what addition of a beard and a few other details can do.  I really like the touch of the pipe the gnome on the viewer's left has.

Thank you! The pipe is a bit from the GW Dwarves. I got a bunch of bits from various bits auctions on eBay, you just never know when a little thing like that may come in handy. 

It can be a hassle maintaining a big bits box, or series of bits boxes, and a library of multi-part plastic sprues but the vast assortment available means that for folks like me, although we can not sculpt from scratch, we can make pretty cool new creations.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rickdraco
      As I mentioned in the thread on the Captain with Terminator Honours, here is the best painted Dreadnaught I have done, the trident symbol on the  front is the chapter insignia. Let me know what you think!

• By Rickdraco
      I thought it would be cool to show off an older model I painted, this one is a vintage Space Marine Captain, painted in the colours of my own Chapter, the Sons of Poseidon.

Comments and criticisms always wanted, let me know what you think! The model was painted using Army painter paints.

• By Grumpy Gnome
      I finally finished some of my Ridgeback Miniatures Gundabad Orcs and Goblin Mercenaries as well as some GW Cave Trolls.

More photos and details on my blog…

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2021/07/05/ridgeback-gundabad-orcs-goblin-mercenaries-oh-and-some-gw-cave-trolls/

Advice, suggestions and feedback welcome!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Brutogg Corpse-Eater, my first finished adventurer from the game Cursed City by Games Workshop.

Had a lot of fun painting this guy, I experimented by giving him grey-hued skin to represent his unhealthy eating habits (he eats zombies) and it worked better than I thought it would.
      Annoyingly though, I had to leave the bits under his coat unpainted (just couldn't get a brush up there), nobody will notice unless they turn him upside down, but it still bothers me that he's technically "Unfinished".

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      I recently acquired the latest of Games Workshops Warhammer Quest games:- The Cursed City.
      I'd actually like to completely paint one of these things for once, and thought a project thread might help!

First, I built everything (Well, maybe everything. Games Workshop continues to be kinda weird about this game, so I'm not sure if it's getting expansions or not):-

And then made a spreadsheet. I can't batch paint, so even simple minis (like the rats and skeletons) I've put in small groups to help maintain momentum.
      I rolled a 5 (actually I rolled a 30 and then a 32, but I know this project is doomed if I start with a rat pile instead of something interesting):- Brutogg Corpse-Eater, unusual Ogre:-

I've made him a simple base (I've been spoilt by all the integral ones I've been dealing with lately), mostly sand with some broken flagstone patches made of putty, and gave him the usual White Primer and Brown Wash undercoat.
      Leaving him to dry overnight.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)