Hello everyone, here’s the first Wizkids character model I painted for one of the players in my DnD group. I painted it with Reaper MSP paint. It was a fast paint job since he's eventually going to be moved around on the gaming table. This 72618, Human Wizard is a Wizkids D&D Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures. Have a great day. (it is missing the spell effect piece. I will paint it later).

86647339_Seoni01.thumb.JPG.af44eb782f85f8cdac2e7faadf6e38ba.JPG

1516024244_Seoni02.thumb.JPG.a4b43e3ef29a8dfdb9c5c33dc2f77099.JPG

1622794515_Seoni03.thumb.JPG.ed5fab4a85dcbbc2b55555fa7d1c2df5.JPG

1563336853_Seoni04.thumb.JPG.aad6263e0f1c837a4f5885d8e5dd3f48.JPG

129345944_Seoni05.thumb.JPG.412036bb3e0c14a812564a993a3e233e.JPG

847182009_Seoni06.thumb.JPG.d3d5858f1d69cb7a1345759947ad40ac.JPG

1650170475_Seoni07.thumb.JPG.97888243a6a5dd939325da6a3a4e6731.JPG

626878294_Seoni08.thumb.JPG.87c15aa14f509f1514e313d5895c9d26.JPG

664826640_Seoni09.thumb.JPG.ca677490500f99bb17f77bf762afeed9.JPG

• Like 19

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Grand Slam
      Definitely one of my favorite inclusions in the Ravenloft board game. Originally, I thought the paint job would be entirely a bone color. After I started prepping him, however, it became clear that there was just as much rotting flesh as there was visible bone. Makes sense, considering the artwork in the monster manual. A quick Google image search shows that people approach this model's paint job in a variety of cool ways. This combines my favorite elements from what I've seen, plus my own spin on the way I like to paint undead/zombie-types.

• By Grand Slam
      Another older piece from me. Not much to say about this one...I had a blast painting him. I wanted to make him a little bit darker than most of the other Ashardalon models I've seen. If you have any thoughts or critiques, I'd love to hear them.

• By Grand Slam
      Here's another one of my older ones. I'm fairly happy with the end result, but I remember the process of prepping and painting this guy as being 100% miserable from beginning to end. The base was severely warped and required a ton if effort to straighten out...there were random chunks of plastic missing from the model that needed to be filled in...there was a huge ugly moldline/joining point running down the middle of the model...the underbelly was tricky to get to and paint...tons of flash removal...the list goes on and on. Anyone else have such quality control issues on their copy? I'm curious.

Anyway, the part of the model that I genuinely love is the way they sculpted the head. I'm happy with the way that part came out on the finished product. If I had to paint this guy over again, (which I most definitely will NOT be doing 🙂 ), I'd have gone a lot brighter with the body's final highlights to bring out the details on the scales. Comments and criticism welcome.

• By Grand Slam
      Here's one I painted quite a while back. I absolutely love the crazy design of the Otyugh, not to mention the creature's unapologetically filthy lifestyle. I tried to capture that nastiness in the paint job, all the while making sure things didn't go from "purposefully gross" to "just sloppy". For whatever reason, I didn't take the time to remove his mold lines. It's an obvious weakness in the finished presentation (let this be a lesson about the importance of the preparation phase, I suppose...). Feel free to leave any comments/criticism.

• By Olaf the Stout
      I decided to mess around with GW contrast paints on some clear resin Wizkids Deep Cuts Hell Hound minis. This is what they look like unpainted.

I washed the mini in warm soapy water, then undercoated it with some matt varnish.

I then wet blended Iyaden Yellow, Gryph-Hound Orange, Blood Angels Red, Flesh Tearers Red and Black Templar, before going back over the top with the yellow and orange in random spots on the red and black areas to give a bit more variation.

Here is the other (finished) Hell Hound:

Super simple and really quick, but pretty effective.

It has a metal collar that I think I’ll paint in opaque paint, but I’m not sure what colour metal. Any suggestions?

Similarly, I think I should put some glowing eyes. Do I go for yellow-white, bright red or something else?