Inarah hit the nail on the head; I'm going to take some time to give some serious thought to the situation before I go and do something rash.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

you stumble across a cool looking bottle, it has a genie inside. you get 3 wishes, what 3 do you make?

First wish is that the other wishes do not have bad consequences. Second is a long ,happy ,health and prosperous life.  Third is held in reserve for contingencies. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
On 6/19/2021 at 9:02 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 19

Have you ever been to an in person auction? How'd it go?

Yup, many. The trick is to know how much you are willing to pay and not go overboard.

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

you stumble across a cool looking bottle, it has a genie inside. you get 3 wishes, what 3 do you make?

Pondering....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

I'll have to think about the first two wishes, but I'll definitely hold the third in reserve just in case I need to banish the genie and undo any horrifying consequences that my other wishes cause. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

Well... I need to know what the genie can handle, and then I'm probably going to borrow a page from Inarah's book, with a little research added in.

I don't really need much for myself, after all ...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

On any given day, I probably have access to more wishes than the genie does. Perks of being an epic-level wild mage. :B):

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
On 6/19/2021 at 9:02 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 19

Have you ever been to an in person auction? How'd it go?

Whoa, either this is a freak coincidence or I might've inspired this one...

Yes, I have, about a week ago, if memory serves me right.

I hated it. Really stressed me out. Thankfully, I went with my father, who loves auctions and is really good at them, and so he scored me some good loot. Thanks, Dad.

But otherwise, they are awful.

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

I'd really have to think about that one. The temptation to wish for prosperity would be really great, but I think I'd want to want (yes, I wrote want to want) to wish for things that would be more long-lasting, or immaterial.

I dunno.

Edit: Now I don't feel so bad for giving what I thought was a "meh" answer. Guess it's good to fit in with the crowd sometimes!

Edited by MusicalFeline
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

Work out exactly what the wishes I want are and ensure that they are worded in such a way that the Genie is unable to find a loophole that results in a bad outcome first then wish for:
[redacted]

[redacted]

[redacted]

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

A classic question.

Wish #1: That no one gets screwed over by any wishes ever.

Wish #2: Happiness.

Wish #3: ... Don't need it. I'll keep it for a special person or occasion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

Assuming it's movie style genie and not how so many wind up being played in mythos and DnD...  Honestly, that's kind of tough.  So I'll go with two version... 

Broader approach, although potentially "childish":

- actual, proper, world peace.  Not sure if Federation from Star Trek peace is quite why I'm asking for, but still

- the ending of discrimination.  All of it. 

- the end of suffering - no, ailments.  Why broad?  Well, because with one wish left I can't wish for cancer to be finally cured, because then it wouldn't take care of things like hunger.  So since both are a form of ailment and suffering.... *whistles innocently*

Arguably more selfish ones:

Caveat: not gonna lie - I really do want to put down "aircraft collision with unmarked powerlines on September 26th 2020 didn't happen" as one but I won't.  Doesn't seem fair to me that I get my uncle back, but everyone else doesn't get that luxury.  Not even fair for every person to get a "one person doesn't die when they did" card either. 

So instead, here's my more selfish ones... 

- to live in a house, instead of an apartment.  So many more benefits to a house, and I'll leave it at that

- to be able to experience emotions like others do, or at minimum be able to fully understand and empathize with them

- to be able to look up at the sky, and see a LOT more stars.  Really do miss such.  I'm not saying a loss of light in cities, but more a case of elimination of light pollution. 

8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

On any given day, I probably have access to more wishes than the genie does. Perks of being an epic-level wild mage. :B):

Yes, but a genie's magic doesn't have a random chance of turning you into a sentient ball of colourful yarn for a few days... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Why do people keep saying that like it's a bad thing!?!? :wow:

Depends on how well you handle summer heat and/or getting batted around by cat claws.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
23 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

I refer the Genie to my legal council for all future communications...... :poke:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
30 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

Are there any kinds of minis that were previously hard to find that you now have too many of?

Well, practically speaking, my friend Ross blogged about some Russian plastic flat toy soldiers back In February.  I was only vaguely aware of the existence of any such thing, but, within a week, I got an email from one of the regular places I buy toy soldiers from with an announcement that they were carrying a new range of Russian flats.  So I ordered samples, and then ordered one of each, on the intuition that they might be hard to come by later.  So now I have ~250 of them, of which I have painted 3.  On the other hand, I stopped in to their physical store location last week while visiting my parents, and there weren’t too many left and they weren’t sure if they would be getting more, so perhaps my intuition was sound….

(I’m not entirely sure about the premise that there can be “too many” minis, though … )

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2