51 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

Are there any kinds of minis that were previously hard to find that you now have too many of?

What is this "too many" you refer to?

Since I never got into the pre-painted collectible blind packs craze, I can't say I've had that problem. Sure I got tons of goblins, skeletons, and other disposable minion type monsters, but there's enough variety for me to not get confused.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

Are there any kinds of minis that were previously hard to find that you now have too many of?

Yes. Kingdom Death in particular, but I also have a box of rare stuff. Pre-production resins, artist-direct, oops, etc. I've wished for a while that I was more tolerant of the capitalistic systems so I could sell them off, but it's always a pain in the butt and in general I dislike selling things (the act of it, not speaking philosophically, heh).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

I'll go with gunpla kits, because in the past, I didn't know of all the websites I can get them from in North America.  Now, finding half the kits you want in stock?  That's still the core challenge... 

Now it's slowly becoming a need to find more shelf space... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

June 21, 

"too many?" I'm confused...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

June 21, 

Yes, those sculpted to look female.  Seriously, when I started collecting all I could find were male and monster models.  Companies like Grenadier were putting 1 female character in a box of 10-20 male characters. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Yes, those sculpted to look female.  Seriously, when I started collecting all I could find were male and monster models.  Companies like Grenadier were putting 1 female character in a box of 10-20 male characters. 

It was pretty hit or miss, depending on what brands your local hobby shop carried. The first few Ral Partha adventuring women were in the 1978 catalog, ES-018 Adventuress (a rogue, more or less) with ES-026 (mounted version of -018), ES-021 (elf princess, but with ears covered so species-flexible), ES-023 (Shield maiden), and ES-029 (sorceress). So, yeah, not a lot of variety. 
3DFEF3A9-462E-488B-9A04-65B8770665BE.thumb.jpeg.4ba7a318f75abc449350621966926ff9.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
On 6/20/2021 at 9:46 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

you stumble across a cool looking bottle, it has a genie inside. you get 3 wishes, what 3 do you make?

Given that Genie wishes are always going to have unintended consequences I really think they're only good for a couple of things. The first is saving them for emergency situations where not using a wish could be worse than whatever the Genie could come up with. And the second is to use those wishes to bring about my enemy's' demise. I'm guessing any evil Genie may actually be on board for that last one so I'm less likely to experience horrible side effects. Currently I'm low on enemies and don't find myself in life or death situations. So I guess I'd just leave it on my desk as a paper weight or something. Maybe give it a good shake every now again just to make sure it's still doing whatever it is Genies do in their lamp when left alone. 

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

Yeah, cheap ones. For a while there it seemed that all RPG minis were getting more and more expensive. So I was fairly careful about what I bought, only purchasing stuff I was certain would get painted. Then when I got back into the hobby it seemed manufacturers had gotten more creative with materials and marketing, like bones and all the wonderful kickstarters out there, and suddenly I find myself with more minis than I could conceivably paint in the next few years. And there's more on the way! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

I'm not sure what you mean by "too many"  but back when we played some Star Wars RPG (I don't recall which version) I had a few prepaints but it was hard to find much of anything.

Since I've started playing Legion I have an ever increasing supply of official miniatures plus I've been exposed to the wonderful world of SW inspired 3D printable figures.  Need an obscure character that was seen in the background of a movie, or that has only appeared in a comic?  Odds are it has been digitally sculpted, often by a couple different people.
If I never bought another figure, or printed out more than say 5 copies of what I have on my hard drive, I expect I could paint nothing but Star Wars for the rest of my days.

But too many?  I think not!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

Too........many? I don't understand the question. :mellow:

I've looked for some rare minis in my life, and I'm either still searching for them or I've managed to snag a few. Still always hunting for more, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
On 6/12/2021 at 8:03 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 12 

Do you wake up at the same time on weekends as you do during the work week?

Yes 😑

On 6/14/2021 at 7:27 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 14

ever forget what day of the week it is?

Constantly 😑

On 6/15/2021 at 7:10 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 15

Half way through the month! Got any half finished projects?

All my projects are partially finished 😑

On 6/16/2021 at 6:14 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 16,

Tell us something interesting about where you live. Town, city, county, state or country be as specific as you'd like.

It seems to be dominated by a few families that have been here for a couple generations. If you piss those people off you might as well just leave town.

On 6/17/2021 at 5:52 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 17

Kobolds vary quite a bit, do you have a preferred kobold design?

Draconic style kobolds.

On 6/18/2021 at 5:10 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 18,

How do you outsmart a time traveler?

Hit it with a frying pan.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 20,

you stumble across a cool looking bottle, it has a genie inside. you get 3 wishes, what 3 do you make?

I give it to my husband to make the wishes. DM that he is, he’s clever enough to make a wish that won’t get him turned into a fish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

Probably? Maybe? Dunno, I honestly don't pay that much attention.

It doesn't matter until I want one and can't find it, basically. ^^;

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

Not particularly. I've gotten a little more careful with my purchasing once I cam to the realization that I already have more than I'm ever likely to be able to paint.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 21, 

I don't know about minis, I do have too many GW LoTR dudes. But paint, oh I'm guilty of buying colours I already have all the time. I finally decided instead of buying little bottles of P3 Rucksack tan all the time for the Egyptians' bases, I would have a gallon mixed. Does anyone know how far a gallon of paint goes on miniature bases?! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I don't know about minis, I do have too many GW LoTR dudes. But paint, oh I'm guilty of buying colours I already have all the time. I finally decided instead of buying little bottles of P3 Rucksack tan all the time for the Egyptians' bases, I would have a gallon mixed. Does anyone know how far a gallon of paint goes on miniature bases?! 

From here to your place?

• Like 6