50 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

You need to have a meeting with someone over zoom/skype/webex/facetime/whatever, do you care about having the cameras on?

I don't know.  I do have five cameras and during pandemic times I would have two laptops per Skype session each with it's own camera. (I ran the maps.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

You need to have a meeting with someone over zoom/skype/webex/facetime/whatever, do you care about having the cameras on?

Yes.  Otherwise, why are we doing this?  Send me an email so I can fully give you none of my attention.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

Of course, might as well just talk over the phone otherwise.

(Admittedly, I've never done one of these on-line meeting thingys so there's a distinct possibly I have no idea what I'm talking about).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

June 24

No problem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

June 24

I don't have a camera, so.....  But feel free to turn yours on, unless there's 6 of us and it's affecting the feed for everyone.  Unless you're that guy who isn't fully dressed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

June 24

While it is not something that it is likely I would do, seeing the person on the other end would make the conversation easier; re, I could then read their lips.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

Why would you do a video conference without video?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

Moot point, my internet is sufficiently garbage that I can't really use a webcam. 

I probably wouldn't if I could, though; my space is not really set up for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

The only time I ever had it on was when I had been playing Pathfinder with my friends, and that was because I had to sit in place at my computer. When talking with friends I usually leave it off, both because I'm usually moving around and also because I do it on a cruddy old iPad mini that probably can't handle it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

For work I usually leave mine off, unless it is a one on one thing.  It is much easier to go about my day while listening in on whatever the meeting is about if I know no one is watching.

For non-work I'd plan to have a camera on, but I don't do non-work video calls often so my non-work camera is buried somewhere on my desk....I think.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

June 24

I don't have a camera, so...  I'll go with the comment that I've no problem if others use cameras, provided you don't have a distracting background or it affects the stream quality.  If you're on a laptop... Put the thing on a desk, NOT YOUR LAP so we don't have to deal with shaky judder-cam... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

June 24

For conversing, yes, for presentations, they should be off so we can focus on the slides.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

I hate having the camera on, and I use Zoom all the time for the boat club board meetings. My internet sucks, so it's usually off by necessity. I'm usually eating or petting my cat, so no one wants to watch that anyhow. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 24

Depends on the meeting and how my internet is behaving on the day...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1