• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 30

How much more money would it take to get you to change jobs?

I’ve been retirement eligible for several years, and think that I’ve only got a year or two before I put in my papers.  We just moved in 2018, and have finished settling in during the pandemic, so it would probably take quite a bit if it involved moving again.  I passed on a chance to interview with an office a couple of bureaucratic layers above mine last winter, because a difference of $5000 a year or so wasn’t enough to contemplate either moving or commuting two hours a day…

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 30

Technically I don't have a job other than helping Cap'n John deal with his Alzheimer's. That is a job that I wouldn't desert for any amount of money.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 30

For me it’s less about the pay scale, more about benefits. My current job doesn’t provide medical benefits, vacation pay, or more than 3 days a year of sick pay (ridiculous when you work in a germ infested hive of children). A new place could pay me the same, but offer me those benefits and I’d bounce.

Of course, I’d love more money too.

• Like 6