7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 5

I've been informed yesterday was "national doughnut day" did you have one? What's your preferred kind of doughnut? Do doughnuts even need a day?

Can't :down:

S'ok, I'm not missing much. The only doughnut places around me are Big National Doughnut Chain. Oh noes, I can't have stale dusty oversugared underflavored half-fried disks of overpriced dough

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, CashWiley said:

That's where we stand on donuts. I'd rather get more mileage out of my daily caloric budget. Someone brought those Krispy Kreme brand donuts in a couple weeks back, and both of us had one, and each of us regretted it immediately. The fiancee even went so far as to consider a bulemic option (she didn't, but she was really mad she couldn't have ice cream that night).

Here I have a choice of over-sugared donuts and bad coffee, or fresh made croissants and excellent coffee from 2 shops across the parking lot from each other, and I go for the plain croissant every time.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
40 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

S'ok, I'm not missing much. The only doughnut places around me are Big National Doughnut Chain. Oh noes, I can't have stale dusty oversugared underflavored half-fried disks of overpriced dough

so dunken?

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Not to mention that they don't even bake them in store anymore. They ship them from elsewhere frozen and then defrost them.

Oof, that's even worse.  

• Like 5
42 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:
1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

so dunken?

How did you guess ::P:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 5

I've been informed yesterday was "national doughnut day" did you have one? What's your preferred kind of doughnut? Do doughnuts even need a day?

Oh. That's convenient; I had a Snickers Donut (bar, covered with chocolate, drizzled with caramel, topped with chonked peanuts). 

The donut counter was kinda picked over. ^^;

I got mine from a local Legendary Donuts. I'unno about legendary, but they make a decent Bavarian Cream, anyway, and those will probably be my favorite donut unto eternity. I do also like Pershings ... actually, a lot of things that involve cinnamon, sugar and dough are acceptable; churros are nom.

If National Donut Day is a thing, works for me; any excuse as a reason, or so. 😜

Edited by Sylverthorne
Had a couple more thoughts.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I did not have doughnuts yesterday, but I did some grocery shopping today and picked up a box of Kroger brand Cinnamon Sugar cake doughnuts to compensate,

I will probably be stupid and eat several at once while flipping the bird at my Diabeetus(<<intentionally misspelled like the peeps around here pronounce it).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 6

so what is the most interesting critter you've ever had to remove from your home?

Unwanted guests.::P:

I've actually never really had that sort of problem. We had mice briefly a few houses back, but we also have cats, so problem solved. I was pretty sure we had a squirrel in the attic here in Texas, but the pest control company never caught one and the noises stopped, so I guess he moved on of his own accord.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Baby Raccoons from the smoke chamber of our chimney.  Added cage to the top to stop a repeat.

50 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Unwanted guests.::P:

I've actually never really had that sort of problem. We had mice briefly a few houses back, but we also have cats, so problem solved. I was pretty sure we had a squirrel in the attic here in Texas, but the pest control company never caught one and the noises stopped, so I guess he moved on of his own accord.

If they were interesting why were they unwanted?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 6

so what is the most interesting critter you've ever had to remove from your home?

Either the cannibal mice or the bat. The bat was a more exciting process, the mice were definitely more interesting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 6/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 3,

If you were to throw the book at some one, which book would you throw?

Ideally I'd throw an user manual, but the one I'd want to throw doesn't exist.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:26 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 4,

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you realize that the killer might in fact be a werewolf, or werewolves?

Bonus question how do you let everyone else know it might be werewolves?

"do coins still have any silver content?" and then probably fumbling over "he who is bitten by a wolf and lives, er something something werewolf"

On 6/5/2021 at 9:15 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

June 5

nope! I usually like either toasted coconut, or if I'm in new york one of those long glazed cake doughnuts from the coffee carts. as for do they need a day? no. I generally thing almost nothing needs a day.

• Like 5