2021: Painting during the Pandemic (June's generated jobs)

Happy June

What are people painting for the month of June?

I will start off:

•  Paint this month's terrain piece
  •  Paint a figure for Stargrave
  •  Start my Summer exchange figure
  •  Paint this month's Mithril miniature

Hobby goals for 2021

Painting one piece of terrain each month [On track with 6]

Painting the 17 miniatures in my annual box (13 now)

Painting my Cossack faction for Anno Domini [one down]

Paint some more modern figures for Zona Alfa

Painting one Mithril miniature each month [On track with 5]

buckyball

• Like 8

Got a lot of physical work to do this month so not expecting to do much with minis. Just got my Stargrave book and minis today so hoping to get enough things thrown together to start playing soon. Shouldn't be too hard to make up the crews even if we don't get them painted right away.

• Like 6

I did pretty well with last month's goal of taking it easy. Knocked out my RCL figures and a few extra off the table.  Sticking with the same for June. 

• Like 6

Got a good chunk done in May, including a couple of Djinni/Efreeti, three Weird West undead, three Weird West monster hunters, a terrain moonshine still, a heap of Beast Men, including the Kenku, some Crooked Dice mariners, and an impulse Reaper cyberpunk purchase from my FLGS. Some of these are already posted.

This month, probably gonna focus on pirate ship and lighthouse, but also need to finish some primitive extraterrestrials, a Nolzur's fey cyclops, and some Hasslefree minis that should be coming in. Maybe another cyberpunk...I've got the taste for it now.

• Like 7

June is going to be a busy month so I'm not planning too much. I want to start and finish my RCL Crab man this week. I have already finished the Ape mini for my trio. If at all possible I want to paint more small paintings and attempt to make frames for them.

I am going to my mom's for a week since I really haven't seen her much since last year. Otherwise, I am just going to try to survive the heat and get some quality family time in.

• Like 7

A few come to mind....

- Finish assembling W'adrhun Warband box!
- Start assembling Hundred Kingdoms force for PathOfConques (I decided to join it, why not).  Bonus points if priming and some painting happens too!
- Get final base coat laid down for my LAV-III
- Get another colour down on my Infinity board terrain!
- Prep both legs of my Zaku 1 Sniper conversion!
- Get more work done on my Queen of Hell!

• Like 6

Another stab at oil painting - fix my canvas landscape 

Paint the Spirit of Spring - either entirely or partially with oils. 

The Frost Giant Queen - for an RCL Trio and Page-O-Rama 

Diorama for page -o-rama  - It needs a lot of work, including pouring resin.   I think my goal will be to get it to a low standard for the end of the quarter, then keep working on till reapercon.  that is a much easier goal than completing it by the end of the month.  I want it done well. 

I was hoping for the KS to come earlier, but I think I will expect it by the end of this month instead. 

I have lots of grand designs for the new figures. 

so maybe I do some quick figures from my current stockpile, but im not gonna stress the numbers or RCL completion this month. 

• Like 6
On 6/2/2021 at 12:56 PM, SparrowMarie said:

June is going to be a busy month so I'm not planning too much. I want to start and finish my RCL Crab man this week. I have already finished the Ape mini for my trio. If at all possible I want to paint more small paintings and attempt to make frames for them.

I am going to my mom's for a week since I really haven't seen her much since last year. Otherwise, I am just going to try to survive the heat and get some quality family time in.

- Finished the Crab Man.

- Haven't done more paintings, plan on doing some at my mom's.

- I am slowly figuring out frames for the small paintings.

IMG_20210607_081849_139.thumb.jpg.8e8e5c817708d3a3f9f0f099a8aae669.jpg

• Like 7

Well, May was not a good month as far as painting went.  I prepped and primed a few figures, and that was as far as it went.  On the other hand, with everyone in the family vaccinated, my son and his wife came up for the Memorial Day weekend, and we got a bunch of DBA games played, the first face-to-face gaming I’ve done since last March.

The wargames club is going back to meeting this month, with the first meeting having occurred last Friday, and the monthly Saturday skirmish campaign games (Stargrave this year) are due to resume on the 26th.  

We are also headed back to the office soon, so it remains to be seen whether the reduction in the need to use my painting desk for work at home will actually make things easier or not.

As for goals; Paint Something!  I have some 1/72 Bronze Age Nubians started, some 1/72 fantasy individuals on wine corks, and I’m going to need some reinforcements for my Stargrave crew.

• Like 5

Finished 6 pictures, 10 paintings in all. Two of the  6 are three paneled pieces. Will try to knock out more frames when I get home tomorrow.

ETA: link to thread with all small paintings.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/94705-sparrow-paints-with-bob-ross/

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 1

The month is nearly up, but jumping in to hold myself accountable.
Only got half of my goal done last month.  Been busy with life.

Haven't painted since early May, but I'm jumping back in.  Prepped a bunch of minis that should be easy paints, a lot of undead wolves, one normal wolf, a werewolf, and an undead werewolf.  Also prepped two lemurs and a snake to use as ghoul rotters and a ghoul snake for RoSD.

But my current goal is just to finish the two Purple Worms I started.  Want to try out some oil-wash techniques.  Hoping tackling these big baddies will increase my confidence towards painting up Ma'al.

• Like 1