Monsters of Sol'an: Fantasy Monster Miniatures

Stumbled across this and thought others might find it of interest.  They certainly have some different figures.  ::D:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wildspire/monsters-of-solan-fantasy-monster-miniatures

tory

Welcome!

Need generic and predictable miniature designs?? We are not for you. 

Imaginative fantasy absolutely requires imaginative miniatures.  Our primary aim is to provide miniatures that surprise backers and enhance their creativity and spark their imagination. Made for fantasy tabletop role-playing games, like Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder, but also for painters and collectors. 

Special thanks and recognition to 3D modeler, Miguel Zavala, aka MZ4250. Many of the designs in this set were designed and crafted by him.  See his Patreon for many FREE 3D printable STL file for download. From this set, his works include: the Lamia, Wyrmling, Lizardfolk, Tiefling Outlander, Deep Gnome, Sharkenbear, Beer Golem, and Ratmancer. The design and size of some of these have been modified for this campaign. 

image.thumb.png.d664f4795282d37c92a091051ea24473.png

• Like 2
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the dragon with the book, but I could easily do the same thing with the stuff I already have. 

I just really need some open KS projects to fulfill before I back anything else. I just don’t get as excited for new projects when I have such a backlog. 

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Adrift said:

I like the dragon with the book, but I could easily do the same thing with the stuff I already have. 

I just really need some open KS projects to fulfill before I back anything else. I just don’t get as excited for new projects when I have such a backlog. 

Almost exactly my thoughts. I love the dragon and there's quite a lot of stuff on there I like (why is it so hard to find a decent lamia model?) but with so many open projects already it's hard to pull the trigger.  Will definitely be keeping tabs on it to see if anything pushes me over the edge.

• Like 2

I vaguely recall seeing some of those older models in an unboxing that Blandco did on YouTube. The elephant was severely undersized, IIRC (undersized elephants seem to be a common problem? *cough* Bones 4 *cough*)

That book dragon, and the wyrmlings (clearly inspired by D&D Blues) are the only ones that truly catch my eye. The tiefling outlander seems fine, but most of the rest of the sculpts are definitely not up my alley. 

Given the book dragon is $19, but shipping would easily be another $15 on top of that, I highly doubt I’ll end up backing this. 

• Sad 1