• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Took a shot at the ol OSL. 

This model is from my youth that I'd always been afraid to paint because i didn't want to mess it up.  Years later, now I feel like my skills are better and it was worth a shot.  Not only did I take a shot, I did it with a real challenge applied to it.  I was either going to mess it up - or REALLY mess it up.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Using the colors red and purple seem very wizardly.  Felt like a strong combo and happy with it.
      *  The OSL I did was using a dry brush and sweeping it from the main source and only moving in that direction.  
      *  After the initial area had been 'zoned' I went in and brought up the colors further.  I had a difficult time identifying what would be lit or not.

Misses:
      *  The highlight on the face is way too much.  I wanted a light cast to it, but Iwasn't thinking like sitting in front of the sun.  Help.
      *  What colors to use for bringing up a light source?  I was thinking some kind of fire getting cast away.  I went Orange, Yellow, White, but only hitting white up close and fading to deeper colors farther from the source.
      *  The shading in the cape and undercape - I didn't do anything but feel it does need something.  Does it look strange without it?

If I were to base this one, I'm wondering how I can really knock this light effect out on the base, too.  I may end up just leaving this as is and thinking fondly of it as a first attempt at OSL.  I also think having taken a challenge piece from my childhood and honoring it with something fun to do in my adulthood felt...redeeming.  
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, now that the event is over, here are some more pictures of my entry in the 17th Quarterly contest. A big thanks to everybody that voted for me. This is a 77752, Female Minotaur sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It was a fun model to work on and I challenged myself painting object source lighting (OSL) on it. I made the fire with pieces of popsicle stick and Liquitex heavy gel medium.

• By Samedi
      Finally varnished and ready for the table: Sepp, Brunhilde and Urs.

I painted them up to kick off my Rangers of Shadow Deep Project. More infos and a bit of backstory can be found in this WIP.

Those three are my first attempt at OSL. Luckily, I did not have to make this journey alone: I'd like to thank @Geoff Davis for a great class at RVU and an even better private lesson via zoom.

Enjoy, C&C very welcome!

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of the last Dark Dwarf I painted for my Duergar squad. I converted a 44109, Enlarged Dark Dwarf Smiter sculpted by Bobby Jackson to make it look more like a Striker. I changed the original hammer head for a 3D printed two sided meat tenderizer and added the eye patch. Thanks to Derek feedback, I really pushed myself on this one. I think I spent something like 3 or 4 hours on the beard only. It is standing on a 2 inches square base. The ball and chain are made of Milliput and a 3mm hobby chain. Your comments are welcome. Group pictures coming soon.

• By Metalchaos
      Enlarge! Hello everyone, here are pictures of the 44109, Enlarged Dark Dwarf Smiter I completed last night. The size of this model allowed me to add more texture on the leather. I also added light effect on the face and the shield rivets. For those of you who may wonder, Dark Dwarves (Duergar) can once a day use their spell-like ability to enlarge themselves. This Bones Black model was sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)