Next Reaper Kickstarter?

Just curious if there have been any rumblings about when Reaper might do the next Kickstarter, and/or what it might involve as far as theme, which Bones material, etc.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a mention in a Reaper Live episode two months back or so, that they have decided to wait until 2022 for the next KS. I didn’t see the episode, but someone mentioned it on the Discord server. I think I took a screenshot for the Bones 5 thread; let me see if I can find it. 

6E157C53-F4DD-4191-8673-BC26A1AFDE54.thumb.png.a0b08738d150602611e0b5d55d597843.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My hope is that they continue working on the Bones USA line and that IT is their plan for Bones 6 that it be fulfilled by their own factory with marginal reliance on foreign fulfillment. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Adrift said:

My hope is that they continue working on the Bones USA line and that IT is their plan for Bones 6 that it be fulfilled by their own factory with marginal reliance on foreign fulfillment. 

I agree. :winkthumbs:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Adrift said:

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

• Like 3

But not likely.  A Kickstarter would overwhelm their production facility.  They stated that before.  Restock is fine but the millions of minis needed for a Kickstarter is too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:

But not likely.  A Kickstarter would overwhelm their production facility.  They stated that before.  Restock is fine but the millions of minis needed for a Kickstarter is too much.

and well, that restock ain't necessarily going at full speed either eh?

Some of those ogres from the Bones III I want to say Kickstarter have been out of stock for a month or more since I started trying to order them.

• Like 1

Not all of that is back in the U S S A (sorry the White Album stuck in my head while typing that.  I blame my roommate in College that played that every night when I was going to sleep) So just as the last container is held up in limbo, so are the restock containers.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jadeite said:

My hope is a STL option.

Though it does gets brought up from time to time, it's unlikely.

One the reasons is that it would require plenty of technical support for the tons of different printer models, printing materials, and printing technologies. And there is also an incredible amount of competition, through Kickstarter and countless Patreons. So getting into that specific market, in a large commercial scale, may not make business sense the way Reaper currently is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, jadeite said:

My hope is a STL option.

I doubt that would happen for Reaper. That's not their style within the mini-making business at all. Some of their sculptors may sell STL files unconnected to Reaper but that's it. STL files are great, but look to other vendors for that.

It would be nice to start minimizing reliance on cross-ocean supply. Nice having items made in-shop instead of contracted, and it would get rid of these shipping woes where one container is holding up the entire chain.

• Like 6

Yah as much as I like having stls, I just don't see them or even think of them when it comes to Reaper. They may not be the same company as they were in say 2003 when it was all metal & in house, but they are a reliable physical miniature producer. They can't control restocks, espically now with the entire global shipping industry in a whirlwind right now. I want the Tidal Lurkers, I need 3 or 4 of them for ReaperCon games this year. Most likely I'll be printing those, & that is not due to I don't want Reaper's, it's just the current game right now.

• Like 3

I’m not getting into 3d printing until it is so simple that my technical anxiety is rendered inert.

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1