Next Reaper Kickstarter?

On 6/3/2021 at 4:33 PM, Cyradis said:

I doubt that would happen for Reaper. That's not their style within the mini-making business at all. Some of their sculptors may sell STL files unconnected to Reaper but that's it. STL files are great, but look to other vendors for that.

It would be nice to start minimizing reliance on cross-ocean supply. Nice having items made in-shop instead of contracted, and it would get rid of these shipping woes where one container is holding up the entire chain.

It would also be nice for those Bones models that are not economically feasible to keep in production - Kallidrax, the Pirate Ship, the weapon sprues....

The Auld Grump - not that we need another Kallie - we have three.... (One was turned into a costume piece, but is living on Megan's Eberron books.)

• Like 6
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If STL files could be released for figures that won't end up produced again that would be quite cool. I doubt it will happen but I'd support it. 

• Like 8
On 6/4/2021 at 11:34 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

It would also be nice for those Bones models that are not economically feasible to keep in production - Kallidrax, the Pirate Ship, the weapon sprues....

Architects of Destruction and Galladoria Games are doing a healthy amount of business as 3D printing factories for miniatures and terrain, so mebbe Reaper can rely on in-house 3D printers for low-run low-demand figures, rather than placing "minimum quantity" orders at an overseas manufacturer. (Dwarven Forge has similar problems.) 

"Made in China" isn't a flag yet, and I may have seen too many YT videos 🤪 but I think a correction or recession in China is a when more than an if, and I don't want a plastics manufacturer to go under before they cast their plastic goodies...!

• Like 4
On 6/5/2021 at 1:34 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump - not that we need another Kallie - we have three.... (One was turned into a costume piece, but is living on Megan's Eberron books.)

It might also allow them to retire some physical skus.  Not every product needs to be stocked eh?  And damn good call on Kallidrax, they could sell BOTH versions eh? 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

It might also allow them to retire some physical skus.  Not every product needs to be stocked eh?  And damn good call on Kallidrax, they could sell BOTH versions eh? 

That was one of the benefits of metal, older product items could be cast to order.  If a model wasn't popular, they only have to store the mold, not bins of figures. 

• Like 6
41 minutes ago, R2ED said:

How do you know when the next KS begins?  Like what's the best method? 

If you’ve backed any prior KS, you’ll receive an email, a KS activity notification, and will probably see the forums here alight with announcements. 

Also, come to ReaperCon and learn many secrets. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

They keep saying that they will.  It will be a small one compared to Bones.

Lots of interesting bases to shove figures on? That would be useful.

• Like 2

1" clear round bases. Litko makes them, but they're expensive. 

Clear round bases are *really* good for some sf and modern. 

• Like 1