Brother Lazarus and Sister Hazel Spy Vs Spy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! There is definitely an improvement.  I feel like there is more confidence in the latter mini.

What I would do is to try to glaze more the glow effect from the vial.  So a thinner paint, a little more time, brush a few more layers.  I've been wanting to try this glow effect for some time now, just don't have the right mini at the moment.  Waiting for my bones 5 to arrive - should be any time now! 🙂

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Zloyduh said:

Very nice! There is definitely an improvement.  I feel like there is more confidence in the latter mini.

What I would do is to try to glaze more the glow effect from the vial.  So a thinner paint, a little more time, brush a few more layers.  I've been wanting to try this glow effect for some time now, just don't have the right mini at the moment.  Waiting for my bones 5 to arrive - should be any time now! 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I need to take more time, like you're saying. More layers, more time.

This piece gave me a good chance to work on alternate recipes for white, grime, more NMM practice (I'm still quite green at it). I still need to work on texturing fabric (that's one of the things I was trying with Sister Hazel).

14 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great idea!  Now, who’s your proxy for Alfred E. Newman?

Actually, the idea kind of suggested itself. I wanted to practice light effects and figured I should start dark since that would give me a lot of room to move. So, I painted her mostly in blacks. Once I saw how that came out I really didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. The other HAD to be in white. My only fear was that he would read like a Klansman or something.

Of course, once I'd painted her, I saw someone had already done both as a Spy vs Spy theme. Ah well. If you have to steal an idea you should at least steal a good one.

• Like 1