Kickstarter Wave 5 - LatePledge?

It was just two months ago that i became aware that reaper bones even existed (not from the USA don't blame me) and ordered some stuff for my upcoming Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep Games. This week that i cam across that awesome Wave 5 Kickstarter with some Miniatures and setpieces i would rellay like to havel ike the "Encounter - Spiders of Emrith Kul" (Perfect for Rangers of Shadow Depp" or  the "Dark Depths Expansion". However when i klicked on "Late Pledge" i couldnt back anything. Am i just too late? If yes is there any chance to get my hands on these packs? Does anybody have an idea?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. To late, it's on the verge of shipping out at this point. A few months ago you could still do a late pledge, but that's closed now aswell.

When it's done however, I expect a Bones 6 to come after it. Prepare to wait 1,5 years +- for delivery though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MediocrePainter said:

It was just two months ago that i became aware that reaper bones even existed (not from the USA don't blame me) and ordered some stuff for my upcoming Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep Games. This week that i cam across that awesome Wave 5 Kickstarter with some Miniatures and setpieces i would rellay like to havel ike the "Encounter - Spiders of Emrith Kul" (Perfect for Rangers of Shadow Depp" or  the "Dark Depths Expansion". However when i klicked on "Late Pledge" i couldnt back anything. Am i just too late? If yes is there any chance to get my hands on these packs? Does anybody have an idea?

Like Venun said, its too late to back Bones V.  Everything has been manufactured and will ship this month.

Some of the Bones V stuff will be coming to retail soon - a few models are launching at retail starting in July.

If you want something specific, I would start looking on eBay in a few weeks.  Most of the stuff will be appearing there.  That’s how I got all my Bones 4 stuff.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@ Venum: I was hoping i was wrong. These packs looked really good to me. I hope i don't miss at least wave 6. Maybe you can then order old packs again. Sometimes kickstarters allow you to order stuff from previous kickstarts on new projects. Also "dank je well" from a german neighbour living near the border to your beautiful country.

@rubegon Thats a good tip maybe somebody doesn't want his Aquatic pack and will be selling it to me. Though i am not rich. The fact that this kickstarter was so affordable was a good argument for it. Even buying the stuff on the Reaper shop will be much more expensive.

Edited by MediocrePainter

Sometimes there'll be some leftover sets on the Reaper online store or even in with other retailers. Other than that your best bet is to wait for individual figures at retail. Bones are still quite affordable even outside the kickstarter.

In the past there were no old sets in the next kickstarter, there is already a lot of new stuff everytime. Also, Reaper has retail relationships all around the world and those stores would be pretty miffed if their inventory would get undercut constantly by kickstarters.

• Like 2

'Wave' has to do with when a backer's pledge ships during fulfillment, it has nothing to do with the KS project number at all. 

(They unload enough for a 'wave' of backers, pack and ship, clean up the mess, then unpack enough for the next 'wave' )  

The Title for the Project is Bones 5, and the next one will be Bones 6, and usually a more or less funny subtitle. 

Keep an eye on the store when fulfillment ends. They may decide to sell a few box sets.   

Also, your name is wrong. 

'mediocrepainter' would indicate that there are grades of expertise in this hobby. 

No. 

Sure, there's a difference in experience between the painters. You usually expect a 'better' paintjob from someone who does it for the money, but then it's not a hobby anymore. and that kind of takes the fun away.   

And the one and only rule here is 'Do not feed Buglips The goblin after midnight!'...

Or was it 'if you're having fun you're doing it right'...  

So you're an 'inexperiencedpainter'.

So there!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MediocrePainter said:

@ Venum: I was hoping i was wrong. These packs looked really good to me. I hope i don't miss at least wave 6. Maybe you can then order old packs again. Sometimes kickstarters allow you to order stuff from previous kickstarts on new projects. Also "dank je well" from a german neighbour living near the border to your beautiful country.

@rubegon Thats a good tip maybe somebody doesn't want his Aquatic pack and will be selling it to me. Though i am not rich. The fact that this kickstarter was so affordable was a good argument for it. Even buying the stuff on the Reaper shop will be much more expensive.

They have never sold items from a previous KS campaign in a later one, and I wouldn’t expect them to.  These are not waves btw as Gadget explained - each KS is a separate project.  Each KS project is undertaken to pay for the cost of creating molds needed to make new figures.  After the campaign, reaper only sells models at retail prices.  Even if they have leftover sets to sell in the store, the price will be higher than the KS price.

For example, they still have Bones 4 Chronoscope expansions available for sale for $100:

https://www.reapermini.com/search/77961

if you find a Dark Depths expansion on eBay it might sell for about double the KS price, but that would still be less than the retail price if you bought all the pieces.

Many times eBay sellers will break up sets and sell individual pieces.  If there are only certain ones you want that might be a good way to get them too.

• Like 3

@MediocrePainter Something you could do to make sure you don't miss the next one is to follow the creator on Kickstarter.  If you are logged in to kickstarter, go here https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/reaperbones5 and click on the follow button. You'll then get an email notification whenever Reaper either backs another Kickstarter (Rare but does occassionally happen and it's usually great stuff) and more importantly you'll be notified when they launch another KS.  (you could also watch this forum here, it will be very active discussing the next one when it's announced.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 3

On 6/7/2021 at 10:08 AM, rubegon said:

For example, they still have Bones 4 Chronoscope expansions available for sale for $100:

Good to know. Some of the extra expansions (eg. Mythos? Dreadmire?) sold out quickly after they were available.

OP should keep an eye out on this forum and the webstore to see which expansions and sets go on sale at the webstore.

Also, stick around for Halloween, Black Friday, and December! Reaper has various specials during those time periods! 🙂

EDIT: Do you already have terrain for Rangers?? Archon still has its Late Pledge open for its Dungeons and Lasers KS.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 2:48 AM, MediocrePainter said:

Fortuitous news for you, @MediocrePainter, Reaper announced on a Bones 5 Q&A twitch stream last night, that, due to the LARGE number of backers that somehow failed to complete the order process (nearly 2,000 backers), on July 5th Reaper is going to reopen a slimmed-down version of the Bones 5 pledge manager (only the most popular items will be available), and this “Bones 5.5” pledge manager will be open to Late Backers

The secondary PM will be open for 90 days, and they are hoping to have production done & shipped 90 days after that (so, roughly January 2022). Even at Late Backer prices, these things will still be FAR cheaper than retail (and most of Bones 5 wouldn’t hit retail until 2022 or 2023 anyway).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm betting that a lot of those 2000 backers only backed for the Core set, and didn't understand that Reaper requires them to actually pick the core set in the PM.    

2000 is slightly above average of 'non-finalizing' for Kickstarters in general. 

(It's usually between 7 - 10 % of backers that doesn't fill out the survey or use the PM service for each KS)

Most of those backers are of course first timers. 

But in the case of long-delayed projects, people may have lost interest, gotten a new email and forgotten all about that project, have lost access to email some other way(do they let prisoners read email?) or off in a battlezone. Or in some cases, have parted the mortal coil.