I decided to do the Mystic Circle so I could do all kinds of occult and folk horror scenarios.

Currently "cooking" in the utility sink. The base parts were pretty warped. I may glue them to some foamcore for a little extra stability, but mostly traced, because I need to keep them " modular" for storage (the arches, I think they still qualify as dolmens, but I forget, will get pulled on and off. Unless it really doesn't work ).

20210607_210143.jpg

This will likely be an all June project, because I had an unexpected computer death and porch reno and need to deal with that.

• Like 7
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Magnets?

Not sure where the ones I have are... or how I'd make it work. I MIGHT be ok. I did an actual fit test and will be able to store stuff in my bins. But that won't work if I can't get stuff flat or if I want my extended green bit confit on my boards. Boiling (and weighing ) helped but not quite enough. 

So I thought I had it bent back into shape but today was warped again. Trying third boil, then I have no idea.  Currently under lid, leaving it in heat longer, and letting it dry under weight on flattest & most level surface I can find.

But here's a teaser of non White Vault gaming possibilities

20210609_201915.jpg

• Like 6

I found a second warped piece boiling that and putting that under the same weight overnight. I'll have to do another (third) piece tomorrow because it looks like a different height.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Inarah said:

Looks like chocolate chip cookie dough.  ::P:

I know, right? But this is just the prime.

Ugh. New site update or new mobile browser sucks. I thought I posted this in the morning. Keep accidentally navigating away from the post I'm writing. Just did it now too

Anyway,  a basecoat.

20210611_151227.thumb.jpg.e6b8e1f8d0a7ddb19a56c461a5026cd8.jpg

and a few drybrushed layers later...  Can you tell the difference?

20210611_223217.thumb.jpg.fd0b64f7c031fbfa1258609f79ca8e8c.jpg

Have drybrushed grey and tan and lined stones, and splashed random colors everywhere.

Here's where I am.

20210611_223253.thumb.jpg.f0b2cdfd807abae8c629ef4272615c49.jpg

Tomorrow I'll do a wash then cream and light grey drybrush. Then I'll see what I feel like  

• Like 8

I did the wash, and a little extra shading on the dirt. Still need to lighten the stone a lot. Maybe 2 more drybrush coats. Maybe more.

Also needs to drybrush tan on the dirt and maybe cream

20210612_122641.jpg

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Inarah said:

It's coming together nicely. 

Thanks. I discovered pieces will fit in my bins on the side, so glue is drying. Thinking ahead:

Debating a more grassy look by Maledrakh, or something more earthy by Katiepult as influences(though I dont have good ground cover or ivy to replicate these finishing touches).

• Like 2