• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First flock. As expected  It looks a little rougher, all patchy and inconsistent. Moss will be LAST. If I can find an eye dropper this will be easier. Even with flock I like to spray a bit in between "coats" for a little extra hold. Going to do 1 more coat of flock maybe then static grass.

I'm not sure if I'll take a picture each time, but eventually it should look more full. I want the stones to be a BIT visible, but not fully. I wish I had found my clump foliage for a bit more variety, but this will be fine.

20210619_102754.jpg

20210619_102821.jpg

• Like 8
Posted (edited)

Things have been enmossed and I'll see where I'm at in the morning after a hairspray. If it's all good I'll spray a few times more before a final seal. A couple of quick pics

20210620_224858.jpg

20210620_225105.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 5

And I was up late and sealed and apparently my flock glue has developed clumps. Spent a bunch of time picking stuff up that rose to the surface after about 5-10 minutes (glue was normal liquid consistency, though I added a bit because I was running low and maybe it wasn't quite the mixed or thinned enough). Things look decidedly more frosty than normal.  Hope things didn't get wrecked.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I'm currently working on an Ogre gang and completed the painting on this model last night. This is a 77455, Ogre Smasher sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I swapped the top of its club with that of the 77454, Ogre Clubber. I also added three more skulls at his waist belt. it was all painted with Reaper MSP paint. I will complete the base later since I may add more elements to it.

• By Lidless Eye
      Just a random assortment of the first painted from Bones V.  I sort of cheated...my Kickstarter arrived yesterday but I borrowed these in advance from a friend who got theirs earlier.

The Three-Headed Troll:

The Zombie Giant:

The Cloud Giant:

The Cyclops:

The Battleguard Golems:

• By lexomatic
      Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
      Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
      Backdrop is a black cardstock.

• By Pacarat
      Finally got around to painting some Bones sci-fi... painting the flat panel armor was a new thing for me. Used a mix of Reaper, Vallejo, and Contrast Paint, and some washes here and there.. 

• By lexomatic
      I decided because I have a bunch of grass boards, that I should do some backdrops for nice dioramas and maybe just regular photos. So I primed (mostly matte medium which I have liters of and a little primer and a tiny bit of craft paint for volume) some of my many cereal boxes.
      Should I do anything more than sky and land/horizon? Tree silhouettes maybe? Got any good examples

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)