Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Hello everyone, here are some ensemble pictures of my entry in the "Dia de los Muertos" Sugar Skull Painting Contest. I had simply posted a closeup photo of the skull for the contest. This is the Bones version of 77116, Colossal Skeleton sculpted by Jason Wiebe. This Undead is Huge, 120mm tall, almost 5 inches. Notice I repositioned its arms and removed the shrouds that were hanging between its legs.
The other elements on the base are from Reaper Miniatures as well. There are 77528, Graveyard Ruined Fences by Bob Ridolfi, a 77531, Graveyard Fence Post and 77731, Gargoyle Finials also by Bob Ridolfi, a 77538, Gravestone of Sorrow sculpted by Julie Guthrie and one of the 77534, Tombstones sculpted by Kevin Williams. I used roots, birch tree seed hulls and various synthetic mosses to complete the scene. The base is 75mm (3 inches) wide and was 3d printed. Enjoy!
Considering this is a Reaper forum, I don't post nearly enough Reaper stuff!
Going to try remedying that by slowly going through that big box of Bones V I've got perched on top of my stack of unpainted things.
I'm starting with Hercules (Didn't expect him to be my first choice, but I have been watching a lot of Greek Myth stuff on Youtube lately):-
This is after I've prepped him, primed him, had a second go at the mold-lines (I'm trying to get better at this), re-primed and finally given a Brown Wash.
Got a little problem going on with his right arm, from the back it's all bulging muscle, but from the front the gap between his bicep and club is filled in with something. Not sure how to fix this, so I decided to paint it as part of his lion cape (And hope no one notices the two halves don't line up).
Huh, mystery solved. Looking at it now in these piccys, I can see that weird bit of arm is actually his thumb.
Painted his lion cape first (I'm a messy drybrusher).
This was a base of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow, then a Brown Wash, then drybrushes of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow and Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Bonewhite.
While the mane and tail end were a base of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown, Brown Wash and drybrushes of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown and Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown/Bonewhite.
Finally, it got Bonewhite claws, Dwarf Skin paw pads and then everything got Sepia Wash.
While I'm on the computer I need to see if lions have special noses, if not then tomorrow I start on the skin of Hercules!