Ral Partha Legacy/ Thunderbolt Mountain Gwenyvere, sculpted by Tom Meier

22 minutes ago, Inarah said:

She's gorgeous. Your new phone takes great pics.  I really like the texture on the dress and stones.  I have a few of this line, from way back, great to see one painted up. 

Thank you Inarah! You should dig them up and give them a coat of paint!

8 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Love the texture and color of her dress. And the base is a perfect companion to her

Thank you Iridil! I sculpted the base pavers out of green stuff, and as she didn’t really come with an attached base, I just super glued her on to it. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

Beautiful work once again. The details on this model are remarkable, the jewelleries are especially amazing. You did an awesome work on the yellow and her face is very expressive.

Thanks Metalchaos!  The eyes are actually the sizes painted as the figure is, I didn’t paint outside of the eyes.  The different with this figure is that she had the irises already sculpted in, which made things a little more difficult. I eventually filled the holes full of paint and painted over the “holes”.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Wonderful painting!

New camera does it's job !

Thank you Wolf of Glitter!  Crazy what a new tool can do!

4 hours ago, Rigel said:

That's very good work on some quite complex pale drapery. Her profiles are particularly lovely. Well done!

Thank you Rigel, it's always nice to see a figure from different angles!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

She looks great, and your new phone takes very nice photos.

Thank you Chaoswolf.  I’m just hoping that the photos represent reality!

1 hour ago, primeval said:

Civilized Splendor! That yellow!

Started out as leather white, then lots of different yellow, orange, brown and a purple washes. Then she got highlights of linen white and pure white. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a dragon I completed Yesterday. This is a Ral Partha 10-463, T'Char Dragon of The Flame and Fury sculpted by Sandra Garrity in 1992. I bought this model in 1993 and assembled it in 1995. It has been on a shelf all these years. It’s a pleasure to see it finally painted. This amazing sculpt is 175mm tall, almost 7 inches at the top of the wings. The original model comes with a nice base around which I added more rocks and branches. I made the flames with Liquitex heavy gel and 3d printed a 125mm wide base to complete the vignette. Nowadays, this 12-piece dragon is still available from Iron Wind Metals. I painted it exclusively with Reaper MSP paint.

Here’s the list of colors I used;

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all you Reaper Spirits!

So just finished these two, that I think to belong in a single blister, but not quite sure.  Ral Partha High Elf fighters, a male and female.  With High Elves, I always have color issues, but end up invariably towards blues and grays.

Just a few of a great number of elf figures Chris FitzPatrick sculpted for Partha back in the day!
      Enjoy!
    • By Kangaroorex
      Two dragons from 2 different times, done with the same colors.  Basically I had both of these on the table and I decided to just use the same palette for both

First up:  the Panther dragon from Ral Partha.  This guy is a long snakey one, his tail was very difficult to get to but overall fun to paint.  This mini just seems to ooze stealth as she slips round alleys and empty streets making people disappear.  This miniature has been sitting on my shelf for decades because I liked the art and the figure but I just didn't know what to do with it.  I finally just broke down and said I am going to paint this!

Then on the flip side is the Treasure Rocky.  This little tyke has acquired his first hoard and he is insanely protective  and proud.  
      And he should be.  I was looking at the reaper store and he and most of his pals are sold out, again!  These are just a joy to paint and I 
      love painting them.  they are just so entertaining and so full of character that no matter what color you add to them or what you put them in 
      they have to shine!

Hope you enjoy them!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello Reaperdeepers!

So got this one finished, a classic Sandra Garrity figure from her Ral Partha days, Ciera the Swordmistress:

not sure if it's noticeable, but as I had asked Anne Forester this morning on her Twitch show about chainmail still having empty, unpainted holes.  This is what I was referring to. I did washes and it didn't get into each every hole.  As per @dks I need to get in there and individually try to fill them. I'll try that for the next figure, t that is what I ended up with for now.

Anyways, a small and simple figure, fun to paint, hope you enjoy her!
    • By 72moonglum
      Good afternoon all you reaperfiles! 

So I haven't painted anything by Sandra Garrity for the longest of times, so I'm glad I started this little figure up, Ellana Dragonmistress, a female druid she sculpted long ago for Ral Partha. Beautiful little figure with her traditionally petite eyes.  The hardest part on this one, besides the eyes, was deciding on what colors I'd use.  As I listen to a lot of Anne Forester's Twitch channel over lunch and she talks so much about color theory, I always wonder if my colors match or not, but ultimately, without a color wheel to whip out, I end up guessing and hope it all ends up matching more or less. One day I'd like to figure out what colors totally clash 1000% and paint with those, but that is for some future miniature surely.

So here she is:

One thing I really like about her is that besides her staff, she carries no weapons, which makes her a reasonably simple miniature to paint, but also gives you that feeling that she knows she's so bada$$ that she just doesn't need any weapons. I also really like her cowboy boots.  Why a blue dragon head?  No idea, it's what arrived to my brain.

So anyhoos, enjoy!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)