Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This one turned out to be a nightmare for me. Always wanted to do him in red but of course it's been done and don't like to copy others unless it's fanart and the char should be used as such in a campaign. What color's belong to a magic-using thief? And of course wasn't happy with the colors I chosen and he sat for over a week not wanting to be touched. Unfortunately he was the last to been primed in that group which meant wasn't painting, yuk hate "painter's block." In the end said just get him finished and so with hateful colors here he .....
Got another one of these simple townsfolk done. I find they make a great opening salvo for the weekend before getting rolling. They are more or less my practice pieces to try a few things before getting going. Here he is - the farmer and his hoe.
* Keeping the palette very simple:Brown, Orange, Cream, Flesh - worked well.
* Washes of Nuln oil on the shirt, pants, hood. Looks good and helped dull the colors like work clothes.
* Used Agrax on the leggings and the shoes and the hoe to give a more dirty apperance.
* I used a mix of buff and white streaks, then washed it with Agrax to give the wood appearance. Not bad.
* Flesh was Rosy Shadow - why I used that color, I have no idea - and I did a fleshwash on it. Then brought it back up with rosy shadow, then again did it with a little added buff.
* I really want to learn how to wood grain. I can't figure it out or do it well and need some help there.
* I also am not a fan of this guy's skin. I still don't get how to use the triads really well. Or which skin tone to use for which kind of character. It's why I like doing beasts or fantastical creatures because skin isn't really a concern. Could use direction here if anyone is open.
* Didn't want to use metal colors, so I just did a black to white to grey fade on the working end of the hoe. Meh.
* The highlights I went back in on the leggings, hood, and shirt are a bit much. Almost look washed out. Not sure what went wrong going back over the same areas with the colors after washing, but oh well.
For basing this guy - open to ideas. I'm thinking just a simple 1" base and nothing complicated. I'll do whatever someone suggests first.
Who's Online 25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)