In one of the FB 3d printing groups, it came up that resin should be thoroughly shaken before pouring it into the vat. Does anyone have a rough idea on how long a bottle of resin should be shaken/mixed ?

That being said, is there something for resin similar to a vortex shaker for paints ?

I'd ask this on the FB groups, but a lot of the people there can be quite arrogant.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Reverend Shartan

• Like 1

My understanding for the shaking resin is because the pigmentation settles out rather quickly.  If you leave resin in the vat and stirring it per Haldir's recommendation, you'll see all the color has settled to the bottom.  Once you stir a could time, this will give you an idea of how much you'll need to shake the bottle. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, folks 🙂

To be clear, I do stir the resin before a print, as well as shake the bottle after I have filtered the resin from the vat, and before I pour more into the vat. I was curious if there was any set time, or some magical apparatus that would/might help in the process.

Auberon - I will be reading that article very soon. Thank you 🙂

Reverend Shartan