Animal Adventures: The Faraway Sea

Inarah

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if they include previous miniatures or let you buy available products at a discount or something during the campaign? I have had my eye on the dogs and cats before, but they're $40 bucks a box for six minis in Canada and I wouldn't mind grabbing them for cheaper! 😅

9 hours ago, PhantomAsh said:

Does anyone know if they include previous miniatures or let you buy available products at a discount or something during the campaign? I have had my eye on the dogs and cats before, but they're $40 bucks a box for six minis in Canada and I wouldn't mind grabbing them for cheaper! 😅

They have not in the past, and I haven't seen a lot of details about this one.  I sure would like to pick up a few of the figures individually, but that's not how they've made the available so far. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

They have not in the past, and I haven't seen a lot of details about this one.  I sure would like to pick up a few of the figures individually, but that's not how they've made the available so far. 

Thanks - sounds like it'll still be worth it compared to buying retail at least! They are frigging adorable

So looking forward to this one! The only thing I have yet to get from them is the special edition Mutt & Bailey mini (they had it on their site awhile back, but the shipping was around the same as the mini, so I didn't get it). I also do have the rpg starter set (I'll get that some day).

Few of the new sculpts:

204388800_3048907528723176_5593794920690

(you know I want that one!!)

204687295_3048907568723172_3044681822477

205098583_3048907518723177_2838166364258

203606524_10157929534006771_196680288515

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhantomAsh said:

Those all look amazing! Are these for the upcoming Kickstarter or something else?

upcoming Kickstarter. Note they are new animals.

If you go to Steamforge's site you can see renders of the minis as well. Lots of new cats & dogs, along with the ones I posted above. The painted ones must be from someone that is painting for them to show off during the KS.

5 hours ago, haldir said:

upcoming Kickstarter. Note they are new animals.

If you go to Steamforge's site you can see renders of the minis as well. Lots of new cats & dogs, along with the ones I posted above. The painted ones must be from someone that is painting for them to show off during the KS.

Ah, nice, I had a look - pretty cool stuff!

On 6/22/2021 at 10:46 PM, PhantomAsh said:

Did you also already look into Archon's Dungeons and Laser's "The Druid was Right" animal companion set? Depending on what breeds and equipment you're looking for, you might pick them up as well. After shipping, probably only worth buying if you see other stuff (terrain, townsfolk mini's, dragons, big monsters) you like in the campaign. Late Pledge (at the same price as KS campaign) is available. Ask them if Druid is available on their upcoming webstore!

I also checked the status of SF's previous KS:

• Monster Hunter: Pledge manager open : 6/17
  • Bardsung: Pledge manager closing : 5/28
  • Resident Evil 3 : Arriving to backers : 6/27
  • Devil May Cry : Delivered to backers : January

Edited by ced1106

7 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Did you also already look into Archon's Dungeons and Laser's "The Druid was Right" animal companion set? Depending on what breeds and equipment you're looking for, you might pick them up as well. After shipping, probably only worth buying if you see other stuff (terrain, townsfolk mini's, dragons, big monsters) you like in the campaign. Late Pledge (at the same price as KS campaign) is available. Ask them if Druid is available on their upcoming webstore!

I also checked the status of SF's previous KS:

• Monster Hunter: Pledge manager open : 6/17
  • Bardsung: Pledge manager closing : 5/28
  • Resident Evil 3 : Arriving to backers : 6/27
  • Devil May Cry : Delivered to backers : January

I haven't looked into it, but I'll keep it in mind - it's not like I'm completely looking for animal minis, more just that these ones were super adorable and had caught my eye!

If you facebook check Painting Polygons for a link to get a free GM screen for signing up to their newsletter

'SPECIAL OFFER! FREE GM SCREEN 

Sign up to our pre-campaign newsletter (link below) using the same email as you use for your Kickstarter account, and back the Kickstarter at ‘Core Pledge’ or higher and we’ll include a free GM screen in your pledge!'

(or PM me if you don't, i can't post it as it  links to the SFG website which is commercial so not allowed on here)

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Thanks 1