I'm painting some extremely bright pink and blue horrors from GW, and I have a scheme for the pink one. It looks like cotton candy pink. I thought it would be fun to paint the counterpart bubble gum ice cream blue, or cotton candy blue. Does anyone have a Reaper or Citadel paint idea that would work for this?

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Reaper sample that might work, but it doesn't have an official number. I HAVE used ArmyPainter Toxic Mist for cotton candy before; if the paint-comparison app recommends something like it, I'd go for it. Pictures follow. 

Looks like my phone won't paste pics directly, but here's the link to the cotton candy stand: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91464-circus-clowns-to-the-left-of-me-jokers-to-the-right/

• Like 1

Tamiya pink primer is a good start. It's a nice light shade of pink. It's main purpose is for red topcoats.

Ignore my post, I guess my mind was on other things yesterday & thought you needed a pink shade.

• Like 2

I have chosen Baharroth blue, which was part of the Citadel line of edge paints. (It's been rereleased as a layer paint.) This should work as a nice counterpart to Fulgrim pink, for both my horrors, respectively. They certainly stand out on the paint table so far!

I'm thinking of using the former edge paints on my Egyptian scenery as well, watered down. The horrors are for the Frostgrave solo scenarios that take place in an alchemical lab. I've always liked the models and wanted an excuse to paint them. Seeing as I couldn't find anything to be vapour snakes that weren't super expensive, I decided the horrors looked like something that could've coalesced from fumes in such a place. Later, they will be repurposed as demons in "The Red King", which I'm theming with Tzeentch models. 

• Like 2