To Whom do I adress Shipping Issues

Larac

Lars my sister has a similar experience about a month ago. She had ordered a Dell Computer on a Tuesday and was told she should have it by Friday. Well Friday comes around, and no computer. So on Saturday she calls up Dell and talks with a person there. They look up all the information, her computer was shipped the day after she ordered it, and according to their records UPS said it had been delivered. So the person plugged in the the tracking numbers into the UPS website to see what was going on. One tracking number didn't even show up on the website and came up invalid. The other tracking number came up as already delivered.

The person at Dell gave my sister the tracking numbers and told her to call an 800 number for UPS later on and give them the tracking numbers to see if they came up with something different. Later she called and this time both tracking numbers came up as delivered, to which my sister raised hades on that one.

Anyways Monday and Tuesday come and go, her computer is still not there. Wednesday morning about 10 AM she gets a knock at her door, her computer is finally there. One box missing. That came the next day. So my Sister finds the packing slip and looks at it. It says right on the packing slip that the scheduled delivery date is Thursday, two days after she ordered it. So it took almost a week for my sister to get something that was scheduled to be delivered in two days. <_<

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really had both experiences... Frosch is right that the guy who comes here is fine, and the guy who delivers to school (where I work) is pretty normal too... but when we lived on the other side of town (a scant 15 minutes away) we had a few things damaged (like boxes containing thousands of dollars worth of medical testing hardware). I also had a shipment of untreated hand-dyed fabric left in a cardboard box -in the rain- *after dark* and only happened to find it on mere coincidence before it got soaked. (Anyone familiar with hand-dyed fabric and it's wonderful tendancy to bleed may gasp along with me.) I was far from pleased. I do my best to avoid them if I have a choice.

I also am one who would probably choose to pay more to NOT use UPS. I've been surprised to discover a small bit of... gosh, not patriotism exactly, but close to... regarding the good 'ole USPS, and use them as often as possible. Though I've heard horror stories of them as well, I have yet to have any bad service.

OTOH, UPS did just deliver my latest Reaper box. I am not, however, believing the 'sign for a certain dollar amount' excuse on signing, because there was ONE figure in that box that cost a whopping $3.whatever and they did make me sign for it. *bah* I'm just glad I was here.

Jess

I've actually found that shipping from the post office (via USPS) is not only cheaper, but a lot more convenient. If they don't want to leave it on the doorstep, the post office is a LOT easier to get to than the UPS office for most people.

When I use their Express 3-5 day service with a tracking number it's normally around 2-3 dollars American and arrives within a couple of days. To me that's a lot less than $8 via UPS for the same service.

I got the email saying it shipped sometime last night. The package was denied to be left on Friday, If we could get the email when it ships instead of when Reaper gets a delivered notice that would help in planning.

That e-mail is auto-generated. It has been known to be sent well after the package ships, and in at least 3 cases, after the package was delivered. I am working with Jay and Kit on getting that to be a bit more accurate - i.e. same day it ships. I apologize if it is confusing.

Allow me.

Any package shipped with a retail dollar amount over a specified amount is always sent by us Signature required.  We do this for your protection, so that a valuable shipment of miniatures is not left outside where it might be taken.  If the shipment is returned to us, we will contact you and ask if you want it without signature.

You should be able to call UPS at the 800 number on the sliop and request it to be held for your pick up.  I do apologize if this has inconvenienced you, and wish to assure you that we only have your safety in mind.

Is there any way that we can request that shipments be sent without the required signature?

I was expecting to get my Warlord data cards today. But I guess not. Instead, they'll be at the UPS office, since there's no way I'll ever be home when the UPS truck comes by.

re-edit -- rant removed

It is indeed frustrating.. I'm experiencing the same thing, to be honest.

They want a signature and they deliver between 2 and 5 (or they say they do, the time of delivery on the packages was about 1:30 both times). The USP depot near me is only open untill 6p, so I can't get there in time - and I just moved so I don't really know my neighbors well enough to be comfortable leaving a package with them.

Fortunately, I found I can have an occasional personal package delivered to my work address, so that might be a possibility for you.

I wouldn't mind the option of having to sign a slip and have them leave the package - but that wasn't an option available.

Anyways, I *think* I've got package delivery sorted out at my end, I can either have it shipped to me at work, to my fiancee's place at work or worse case scenario a friend of mine who is retired.