• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it very hard to suggest any imprvement because you did an outstanding job with this one. Do you know a tutorial or something for how to paint potions? Because i have sister hazel lying there waiting to get painted and i want to give her some awesome looking potions like you have given your mini.

• Like 2

agree luv how ur potion bottle turned out, kudos !

since u asked for C&C I would suggest u add more darks to improve ur contrast more, personally I have a hard time with that also but it helps.

• Like 3

Lovely. The turquoise patches against the orange robes is a nice touch. As kazmania7 mentioned dealer shadow would make it pop more. A really dark green in the deepest folds of the orange robes is one way to add the depth.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, MediocrePainter said:

Do you know a tutorial or something for how to paint potions?

Thank you!

I think Zumikito on youtube has a few videos on painting things behind the glass. 

Otherwise, if I'm not sure how an object on my mini is supposed to look like, I try to find an actual object that is similar in shape and form and see how that looks and how it reflects light.
So in case of vials, you can look at shotglasses and vases.  In case of NMM swords, you can make a similar shape sword out of cardboard and put aluminum foil over it.  (Really all depends on how much time you have and want to spend on it)

Hope that helps! 😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, kazmania7 said:

luv how ur potion bottle turned out

Thank you! 🙂

10 hours ago, kazmania7 said:

I would suggest u add more darks to improve ur contrast more

Any particular area or just overall in general?

9 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Lovely. The turquoise patches against the orange robes is a nice touch. As kazmania7 mentioned dealer shadow would make it pop more. A really dark green in the deepest folds of the orange robes is one way to add the depth.  

Details, details! 😄
But true, it's the little details that make minis pop more.  The more details, the better.  Thanks for advice!

Edited by Zloyduh
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, Zloyduh said:

So in case of vials, you can look at shotglasses and vases.  In case of NMM swords, you can make a similar shape sword out of cardboard and put aluminum foil over it.  (Really all depends on how much time you have and want to spend on it)

Hope that helps! 😃

You'd need something in the shotglass, too, right?

:devil:

And then you'd have to adjust the level in it, until it was proper.

And try not to spill or over-correct the volume.

'Cause then you'd have to start over...

Maybe this is why I don't get enough painting done...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, strawhat said:

You'd need something in the shotglass, too, right?

:devil:

And then you'd have to adjust the level in it, until it was proper.

Of course!!!
The secret really is to have 2 shotglasses!  One with the proper level in it for the purpose of mini painting.  And one for yourself, in which you can keep adjusting the level as you feel necessary 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.