A friend asked me to do some conversions to make some Space Marine TM Drop Pods TM he had laying around into Chaos Drop Pods, aka Dread Claws TM.   Naturally I was flattered.

I have three distinct ideas but any and all feedback is very welcome.

Drop Pod plus a couple of these kits(lucky Prime Day find!):

DreadClaw1.PNG.60275b39cd8fd4b80e41f735128df851.PNG

The tricky bit is that I have 4 of quite a few parts and the drop pod has a 5 fold symmetry!

Drop Pod plus this guy (who surely comes from a long lost GW chaos mold):

DreadClaw2.PNG.1f8eae6d9ea8a64b2875347508b05d41.PNG

Tricky bit is that I could probably use some cheap plastic sea creatures for some more texture but haven't found the right ones at the right price.

Finally something with this:

hand_1.PNG.7fa3527fed415bdd1aa80dd3a7faa545.PNG

and these 

DreadClaw3.PNG.5db9ff43cdb2d3277d829de33aab156c.PNG

To make something Halloween Horror themed.

• Like 5
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

I do like the idea of the landing gear being an actual giant hand.

Ideally I'd do another where the hand has come down as a fist and made a nice crater.  And it's more than landing gear the chaos drop pods move around after they land.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I'd mash the drop pod and the first option together.

ETA---I know we're talking about science fiction/fantasy, but I would think that the heat of atmospheric entry would incinerate any fleshy bits on the outside.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Well, I've progressed to the point where my friend will curse my name every time he has to transport this thing.  I guess I'm ready to sculpt for GW.  

DreadClaw_WIP_2.thumb.PNG.ce7f9a4db54ee3a5d3542877039a5d25.PNG

Not enough Skullzzzzz for official GW work....

Looks great thou!!

• Haha 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rickdraco
      As I mentioned in the thread on the Captain with Terminator Honours, here is the best painted Dreadnaught I have done, the trident symbol on the  front is the chapter insignia. Let me know what you think!

• By Rickdraco
      I thought it would be cool to show off an older model I painted, this one is a vintage Space Marine Captain, painted in the colours of my own Chapter, the Sons of Poseidon.

Comments and criticisms always wanted, let me know what you think! The model was painted using Army painter paints.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Here's a pair of robots I built to use for this is not a test. They are a mix of privateer press cyriss bodies, assorted gw, Mantic, reaper, and historical bits, and some wire. Was trying to play up the corrosion and damage in the paint. 

• By Shadespyre
      Anyone who has got the male one of these able to tell me how easy it would be to remove his head for use on another mini?

• By Rigel
      Finally think I got this group finished up! I've got a soft spot for the dark pulpy weirdness of the "Hellboy" universe, as we have seen. 
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85925-heckfella-wwwoz-lion-80058-and-rafm-hells-harbinger-raf03897
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86757-bombshells-gillie-as-abbie-sapien

The idea got into my head to do up the rest of the BPRD Special Operations crew from equally non-official sources. A few months back I got a set of 20+ very cheap miniatures for some superhero boardgame and got it into my head to use them as guilt-free conversion fodder. One of them was pretty spot-on for a younger, less jaded version of the pyrokinetic Liz Sherman. I just added a ring of flame from a Nolzur's aasimar wizard and painted her up. Sculpt was pretty basic and blobby, but I think it gets the point across.

Click for turnaround:

Another had a costume that looked like it could be painted as a diver's suit, so SNIP went the head, and SQUISH went the green stuff, and with a mechanical-pencil eraser  cap, a jump ring, and some tiny watch parts I turned him into the ectoplasmic medium in a pressure suit, Johann Kraus. Aimed for a compromise between the movie version and the comics version. 

Turnaround, so you get all sides of that nice, open face:

The belt pouches are chunks of sprue metal. 

And of course who could forget Roger the Homunculus? This was a Nolzur's Clay Golem, and the scale is a bit off, but hey. He's a hulking construct grown from blood and herbs by a deranged alchemist, and the comics are not really consistent about just how big he is. I can overlook it. 
      Again, watch parts and sprues factored into the conversion to make his lightning capacitor chest and...other distinguishing features. I assure you, it's canonical that it looks even worse if he has pants on. 

You know the drill, 

But I know what you came here for...ACTION SHOTS!

Group photo: 

BONUS HELLBOY VILLAINS!
      Waste not! The torso for Kraus lost a head, but a bodiless bald head is perfect for Hermann von Klempt, horrible head-in-a-jar mad scientist. Ape-X makes a good Kriegaffe. 

And this project finally gave me something to do with the third Grenadier Vile Villain: a good cultish Rasputin ready to summon some Ogdru Hem and/or Ogdru Jahad.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)