Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here we go! It's time to finally give me time to this OSL thing. I saw this model and thought it'd be perfect to do as if this bugbear snuck up on a group of adventurers over their campfire.
I'll try to base this guy with a camp fire below him.
How's he look?
Here's him from the under-side:
We're only about 3 months away from delivery of the Bones 5 (so stoked I can hardly contain myself) and there's A LOT coming.
I stated in another post that I'd like to get through as many as i can. I also know burnout is a real thing to be prepared for. I don't know if this is a thing somewhere in the realms of Reaper Forum already, but would anyone be interested in getting on a weekly painting group to try and knock out the same minis? I figure if anything it will at least be a means to keep on top of the painting and also encourage, inspire, and grow from the group effort. There's a lot of logistics to be worked out, but if anyone would want to start something up with me, I'd love the company on the trail.
Here's my general stats to see if you're in alignment:
Usually take about 1 to 1.5 hours on my minis.
Nothing pro-level, just painting for fun.
Love to try new techniques.
I find working with others is more motivating for me than on my own.
This little guy is just a background piece so i wanted him to be simple. I picked his color scheme to use red and green. Someone mentioned to try shading green with red so i thought, why not? His tunic is green shaded with red.
Testing a new style of painting with the deep shading around the eyes (because i wanted to be lazy... don't judge me).
Would love your feedback.
Normally i wait to post show off once I'm done basing. In this case, I was just using it to test some colors.
Using the color wheel, i picked a triad i tight was fun. I figured this gross figure needed a green belly. From there i looked at what made up the triad: orange and purple. Challenge accepted.
I took the green bottom and touched it up with a hint of purple. Then took the orange and did the same on top. I noticed the orange didn't take to showing the detail well, so i added a hint of yellow in the mix and it helped contrast the shaded spots. Still wanted more. Made a light wash of that purple and filled in the sections and gaps in the chitin. Worked well.
For a three color combo it sure does look weird, but also some how works. I'm digging this color theory thing.
Here's the progress photos.
Who's Online 11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)