Barbarian Dude

I've been after this mini for about 6 years now & while I've found cheep knockoffs I stayed clear. For some unknown reason I decided to have a look around about 2 months ago and I found this place called Klukva miniatures! Very sceptical at first but people I asked about it said he's/they are legit so I said "sure why not" and ordered the fig. A long 6 weeks for him to travel across the Atlantic from Russia to Canada but he finally made it. Got say I'm fairly intimidated with this figure, I want to do it justice and paint it to the best of my ability but will be trying out some new effects (on a test figure first). In a lot of ways I'm glad its taken me 6 years to hold him in my hands as my painting skills have increased 10 fold since I got back into mini painting but think I should probably order another one and sit on it for a few more years and try it again.

IMG_20210622_081511.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great figure. It will be a lot of fun to paint. I understand how you feel intimidated because of the paint job you want to accomplish, but I wouldn't let that stop you. I've seen a few of your figures and you are a good painter. In my personal experience, I am always trying to paint better than the last one. Sometimes I succeed. Unfortunately, that means when I look at figures I painted in the past, I am always seeing what I could have done better. I try not to let those special figures intimidate me because I know that painting it to the best of my ability (at the time) will make a better painter. Can't wait to see your final product.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RogaDanar said:

That is a great figure. It will be a lot of fun to paint. I understand how you feel intimidated because of the paint job you want to accomplish, but I wouldn't let that stop you. I've seen a few of your figures and you are a good painter. In my personal experience, I am always trying to paint better than the last one. Sometimes I succeed. Unfortunately, that means when I look at figures I painted in the past, I am always seeing what I could have done better. I try not to let those special figures intimidate me because I know that painting it to the best of my ability (at the time) will make a better painter. Can't wait to see your final product.

Absolutely, I know that feeling well!! I have stripped figures a few years later & repainted them. This is a faux pas among some folks but it doesn't bother me, I always take a few photos to remind me of what was. Thanks for the kind words