Mousekiller's Troop WIPs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Glitterwolf Thanks, one of my definite weak areas is trying to paint banners!

Quick update, still working my way through the first 12  (24 in total).  They are very heavy, and the metal is a bit pliable.  I dropped on on his face and it smooshed his beard.... hopefully you won't notice :).  Trying to add some dynamic them... they are meant to be on 25x25 mm bases, but I have smooshed them into 20x20 mm bases.  Was painting them the other day and I thought of the show Vikings... when the one guy jumped over the other Vikings to get into the thick of the battle.  What do you think?

IMG_2427.thumb.jpg.f97c4c8c76223aa1b0ba1c2eea04734c.jpgIMG_2428.thumb.jpg.e731b32dbd51c9e777a091982776e72c.jpg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, mousekiller said:

@Glitterwolf Thanks, one of my definite weak areas is trying to paint banners!

Quick update, still working my way through the first 12  (24 in total).  They are very heavy, and the metal is a bit pliable.  I dropped on on his face and it smooshed his beard.... hopefully you won't notice :).  Trying to add some dynamic them... they are meant to be on 25x25 mm bases, but I have smooshed them into 20x20 mm bases.  Was painting them the other day and I thought of the show Vikings... when the one guy jumped over the other Vikings to get into the thick of the battle.  What do you think?

IMG_2427.thumb.jpg.f97c4c8c76223aa1b0ba1c2eea04734c.jpgIMG_2428.thumb.jpg.e731b32dbd51c9e777a091982776e72c.jpg

All of them are looking really great and tough 😄 

• Like 1

@Glitterwolf LOVE the idea!!!

@Oblong Yellow Thank you very much, I though they were going to be a quick, easy paint but it is turning out otherwise!!

Update (I would say quick, but it has taken some time to get just these four completely done (other than adding snow to the base).  So, these four are completely done.  They make up 4/6ths of the complete back rank.  Going to batch them in smaller groups (was doing groups of six) because I need to ensure that it is something I can knock out in a 15 or 20 minute painting session, as that is the typical timeframe I have.  I have found myself working the other models more frequently because I was trying to do too many at one time.  Also, I want to point out, these guys are HEAVY!!!!

And of course, as I look at the picture, I see things that I missed!!  Like the teeth on one of them.  That's why these updates are important!

IMG_2515.thumb.jpg.8de03eed0a8066c0172914b756d2dbc6.jpg

• Like 9

@Glitterwolf I agree, the black is better!

Slight deviation from the Dwarfs, as the packers are coming and I am finding myself wanting to complete some old projects.  Working through these 5 marauders (a project that has been on the table for a decade, as I was never happy with my red tones).  Once done with these it will complete the unit of 20.  Then, back to the dwarfs!  What do you think of the red?  Vibrant enough?

636190873_RedArmor.thumb.jpg.a2b49c780f62de578deb94e7ef449c91.jpg

• Like 7