Was picking through my unpainted bones when I found a sprue of hands holding various items. Unfortunately I cant for the life of me figure out what they go to. It's a sprue of both left and right hands, holding swords, shields,  loot and daggers. Anyone remember what it's for? It looks like bones 4 plastic grey.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      I realize it's not the weekend, when I usually post up my work, but I'm on a roll lately and decided to push my luck. 

I'm trying to continue to push the values, contrast, and simplify my colors.  

Tried to keep her to hero colors: Blue, Purple, Red, and some leather.

The real win in this model was the hair.  I'm so, so, so, so happy with the hair.  Sure, it's on the bold yellow of blonde, but I got the volumes of it.  Finally!  I've taken a lot of feedback on the hair and just didn't get it.  This one finally lined up and blonde felt doable.  Keeping the highlights toward where the light hits the bend in the hair has been really tough for me, so this was a win.

Other feedback I used from prior posts that I was given:
      1.  Used brown liner to, well, brown line things.  
      2.  Pushed the colors as high as I could.  Actually the boots are a good example I went too far and it looks less blended.
      3.  Layered the paint lighter and took more layers to get desired result.
      4.  Have your palette out first and don't just keep reaching for the next color.  (Big, big win)

The areas that still needed help are her skin, the eyes, that weird leather satchel, the detail on the leather straps, edge highlighting, but all that - I still think the hair was my happy moment.

Here's the pictures of the progress.

By the time I got here, I was struggling and really, really rethinking my color choices.  I accidently used the purple in the area I meant to use tan.  Just keep going with it because that's a learning experience in itself.

Here is where I darkened the leather and red areas with a succubus kiss wash.  I needed to deepen the leather color and help bring some shade forward.  Questionable doing that again...

Tried to give her blue eyes and then realized that was not working.  Went right back to the black dot.  Wah wah.

• By R2ED
      Got this one done and feeling pretty good about it.  I'm leaning into thinner paints and smoother transitions.  This was a fun one. 

As always I'd love your feedback.  

(I love his shield) 
    • By R2ED
      One of the others I plucked out of the Bones 4 set.  It looked fun, so I grabbed it.

Battle Report!

Wins:
      * Armor was a fun use of blues added in.  I watched Dr. Faust doing something similar to create some really cool effects.  Mine obviously not as good, but I think it was alright.
      * The skin was a big win for me.  I did it as a nice, slow build up and took my time with laying it up.  It worked great on her face.
      *  I was getting lost in the tid bits on her belt, but just used browns and then hlghlighted them up.  It actually worked out pretty well.  Better than I intended.
      *  Cape was a slight win, but not perfect.  
      *  Hair went better this time, but I'm still having a hard time pointing out where the light hights on the curved areas.  

Misses:
      *  NMM on swords.  I tried it again and then failed.  Wiped it out and covered it up with metallic. 
      * Flower should have been left with orange color and white tips, but I went too far by connecting the tips across.  It lost the deail going with more white.  Should have stopped.
      * I started using purple ink to separate the plates, but it just wasn't working.  I think I need to do more blacklining and not worry about adding in colors.  

Overall, she looks good.  The win here was the face and some of the highlights. 

Progress photo (nearly last photo before finishing it off)

• By R2ED
      Here we go with another Nagendra.  Trying new colors each time I do them to try and have some fun with scales.  What I need to do on my next one is some kind of combination with yellow.  Something more challenging to work with to make it fun (or completely ruin it).  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Combo of golds and brown seemed to do alright.
      *  Felt brave enough to use an oil wash this time.  It's frustrating because I'm always afraid it's going to ruin the work I put in, but at the same time, the results could be awesome.  The wash is on the scales, and the shield.  I tried it on the sword, but it didn't lay into the lettering strong enough.
      *  The scales were good after the oil wash but needed a 'pop'. I went back and hit diagonally adjacent scales with a cream color.  Gave it a cool pattern without overwhelming the look.  I did my last one with an organic here or there approach.  This was more pattern driven.  Doing something like a diamond back would be a challenge worth doing.

Misses:
      *  The sword did not come out as I had hoped.  It looks washed out and the runes on it are less than ideal.  Could use some fix ideas for this.
      *  The shield also is missing...something.  I don't know what it is, but there's nothing really cool about it.
      *  Eyes are so small on this model it's hard to do anything fun.  I made them black with yellow slits, but you can't really see them due to the size.  Anyone else struggle with eyes that are too small to really detail?  Or have a solution worth trying?
      *  This one just didn't have the same pop effect I'd hoped for.  I'm not sure what's mising, but it's something.

• By R2ED
      Got another one of these simple townsfolk done.  I find they make a great opening salvo for the weekend before getting rolling.  They are more or less my practice pieces to try a few things before getting going.  Here he is - the farmer and his hoe.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Keeping the palette very simple:Brown, Orange, Cream, Flesh - worked well.
      *  Washes of Nuln oil on the shirt, pants, hood.  Looks good and helped dull the colors like work clothes.
      *  Used Agrax on the leggings and the shoes and the hoe to give a more dirty apperance.  
      *  I used a mix of buff and white streaks, then washed it with Agrax to give the wood appearance.  Not bad.
      *  Flesh was Rosy Shadow - why I used that color, I have no idea - and I did a fleshwash on it.  Then brought it back up with rosy shadow, then again did it with a little added buff.  

Misses:
      *  I really want to learn how to wood grain.  I can't figure it out or do it well and need some help there.  
      *  I also am not a fan of this guy's skin.  I still don't get how to use the triads really well.  Or which skin tone to use for which kind of character.  It's why I like doing beasts or fantastical creatures because skin isn't really a concern.  Could use direction here if anyone is open.
      *  Didn't want to use metal colors, so I just did a black to white to grey fade on the working end of the hoe.  Meh.
      *  The highlights I went back in on the leggings, hood, and shirt are a bit much.  Almost look washed out.  Not sure what went wrong going back over the same areas with the colors after washing, but oh well.

For basing this guy - open to ideas.  I'm thinking just a simple 1" base and nothing complicated.  I'll do whatever someone suggests first.  

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)