Glitterwolf

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/13/2021 at 1:19 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 13th.

What's your favorite decoration/ornament in your home?

It is a toss-up between two paintings.

B49C6901-D98F-45EF-8994-46F87D84BE6F.thumb.jpeg.b10e41f87dbe519b3e35921f2c7fa3e1.jpeg

This one is of an imaginary place. There is no field of Bluebonnets overlooked by a little French castle with bleu roofs. 

The other painting is of a farmhouse, that my great grand parents lived in, as it might have looked when my grandfather was a boy. 

(My mom is the artist that painted both, when she was alive.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

What's your favorite perfume/after shave/lotion?

Perfumes …my sense of smell has been too crippled, for too long. I cannot detect them, much less learn their names, or have a favorite. 

Aftershave …have beard. Don’t shave. Don’t care. 

Lotion …my current favorite is shown in the picture that follows. It works really well to help heal up abrasions, gashes, small wounds, and such. (I have no idea if it has any scent…and again, don’t care.) This is the closest IRL thing that I have ever found, to a D&D healing salve:

image.png.ed5672eb945d17e2b4bf9f2ed0dc089e.png
Pic from the manufacturer’s website. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 12:19 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 13th.

Don't think I have pics of him, but it's a toss up between my first ever plushie "Bunkie", a gift from dad before he went on the first tour I remember, and a Treat the Dragon I got several years ago and still haven't named. 

I have pics of treat on my desktop, but I'm currently on mobile... 

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

I haaaaate perfume, doubly so since so many just downright pour it on.  On the other hand, I just straight up don't like strong or heavy scents on a person...  Which really sucks, because it's hard to find a deodorant that just works, lasts through a work shift, and doesn't make you reek of falling into a vat of Axe body spray... 

If we're going for personal scents, I do like Castle Forbes' Lime shave soap alongside their aftershave.  Leaves a nice oh so light note, and best of all it isn't an issue in scent free workplaces unless you're literally within a foot of me. ..  At which point I'll probably point out you're way too close!  Fendrihan's Bergamot shave soap is also rather nice, as is their Sandalwood. 

I've noticed with my shave soaps I have a bit of a trend...  Lime is a favourite! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

Don't really use any of the above, but occasionally I'll dab on a little sandalwood or dragon's blood essential oil, if I'm feeling fancy.

As a rule though, I don't bother, and most of the time, if someone's actually close enough to tell, they're probably closer than I want them. 😕

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 1:19 AM, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 13th.

My sword collection.  Hard to choose a favorite, but probably my Edo period katana or the 1500's Javan kris. 

Sometimes my kids walk through our house humming the Adams Family theme song...

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

I don't like strong smells; gives me a head ache. I typically use a simple Powder Fresh deodorant and actual cornstarch baby powder (after showering).  Most products made for men make me want to vomit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

QUESTION July 14th.

I'm an asthmatic with a lot of allergies.  So my favorites are any that are far, far away from me.

Everything I use is as unscented as possible.

Now if they made a product that smelled like bbq.......  :poke:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

QUESTION July 14th.

Bug spray and sunscreen? Benadryl cream for when I get into poison ivy? Can't stand smelly ointments, unguents or any other topically applied scents. That kind of stuff typically gives me a headache and if someone is wearing too much of it around me I can sometimes get a chemical taste in my mouth from being around it too long. Can only imagine the complete olfactory malfunctions I'd experience if I put some on myself. I don't even like most sunscreens, even the ones with next to no scent, and wear as little as possible when I'm out in the field. And don't get me started on patchouli. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

Don't use perfume. Don't use after shave lotion (mostly electric shaver). My sense of smell is poor enough that I'd use too little or too much.

As for lotion for dry skin, I buy the store brand, or whatever is on special, that suits my need (I look for the key ingredients that are proven to work).

And because of my poor sense of smell, any other people wearing perfume/lotion goes right over my head. So it's essentially impossible for me to have a favorite unless my nose gets uncomfortably close to that other person.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

kind of a coin flip.  I'm partial to pretty much anything sandalwood.  Mrs Wulf likes this Moroccan myrrh scent I get from Crabtree and Evelyn back before they purged basically all of their men's line.  If anyone happens to know of another company with a similar scent I'd love to know.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

None!  Used to wear Drakar Noir but stopped at some point over a decade ago and never used anything else after that.  My work place has had a number of scent-sensitive employees over the years so it was just easier to not worry about it.  

A woman wearing Trésore (by Lancome) perfume teleports my brain back to my first girlfriend from highschool for an instant...  Love that smell.  

Edited by Rahz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

QUESTION July 14th.

Don't care for perfumes. After I shave, I use isopropyl alcohol or witch hazel.

I use a Beekman 1802 lotion with a light vanilla scent that is amazing, just like all the Beekman stuff. Their bar soaps and lip balms are also very nice quality. Though I stick to a few scents that are subtle, they can get a little flowery but never cloying like most other stuff I've tried.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1