2021 (July) Painting During the Pandemic (Sizzling Summer Schemes)

It’s Canada Day!

What are folks thinking of doing this month?

Bones 5 boxes are arriving (though probably not mine).

I just received a big box of 54mm English Civil War figures to try out.  After not getting anything done at all in June, my goal is to do something.  ECW, 1/72 scale fantasy, 54mm Russians flats, cast some miniatures…it’d all be good.

However, the next Stargrave game has been scheduled for 24 July, so I will start on some extra crew members as soon as the package of reinforcments arrives from Reaper, currently estimated for tomorrow.  My son is working on his figures, and @Chris Palmer has been busily working on his for a month.

• Like 9
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm mainly focused on a few things... 

- start weathering my LAV-III 

- more work on Zaku 1 Sniper

- second colour added in to my MDF terrain 

- finish sorting out layout of stuff on new desk

- finish painting Queen of Hell

- finish painting/weathering on Mystic Circle

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 5

Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors! 

I expect my Bones5 goodies sometime this month.  Not feeling too anxious about it. 

Continuing with the RCL, as it has been motivational, and forced me to paint some things I might not otherwise have, so I'm going to stick with my "whatever" plan. 

• Like 8

Happy Canadia Day eh!

Goals for July

•  Paint this month's terrain piece
  •  Paint three commission pieces
  •  Finish my Summer exchange figure
  •  Paint this month's Mithril miniature

Hobby goals for 2021

Painting one piece of terrain each month [On track with 7]

Painting the 17 miniatures in my annual box (13 now)

Painting my Cossack faction for Anno Domini [one down]

Paint some more modern figures for Zona Alfa

Painting one Mithril miniature each month [On track with 7]

buckyball

• Like 8

Ironically enough, I'm painting fire this month. I've got the little fire guys that come with GW's blue horrors to paint. I'm working through a box of pink horrors right now. They are exceedingly pink. My parents came to rescue me from my overheated house last night--they don't like the paint scheme, it's too pink. Win!

• Like 9

Lots of traveling this month is likely to lead to not much pairing. 
but in order to finish the newest core set, half the stuff I paint is supposed to come from that box.  About 4 figures, usually. 

so finish diaromia, a terrain piece or two. Then paint 4 new guys.

• Like 8

Lots of stuff to do this month. In theory if we can find someone to do it we're going to start doing renovations on the house but that's not guaranteed.

My painting list looks like this:

20210701_152741.thumb.jpg.3e15d6dfc44e4493cd2a23a85d249512.jpg

I've picked stuff for the rest of the categories as well. Thought I got a pic of the finished note but guess not.

- limited palette: spirit beast

- PC: dub bullock(as Gaston)

- freebie: gravestone of sorrows(?)

Probably something I'm forgetting but I'll update this in the morning after sleep.

• Like 10

No big hobby plans this month but will continue making some terrain and maybe paint more Stargrave minis. Need to prod the boys into at least finishing assembling their crews so we can try a game.

• Like 6

Am trying to clear the decks a bit as am waiting on Bones V (am in the UK), and have just received League of Infamy and the Dominion box. So a lucky boy but way too many grey miniatures... 

I will probably focus on anything on the desk that's half painted, and aim to finish off all the fantasy warband projects that are about 90% done. 

• Like 5
On 7/2/2021 at 12:41 AM, SparrowMarie said:

Lots of stuff to do this month. In theory if we can find someone to do it we're going to start doing renovations on the house but that's not guaranteed.

My painting list looks like this:

20210701_152741.thumb.jpg.3e15d6dfc44e4493cd2a23a85d249512.jpg

I've picked stuff for the rest of the categories as well. Thought I got a pic of the finished note but guess not.

- limited palette: spirit beast

- PC: dub bullock(as Gaston)

- freebie: gravestone of sorrows(?)

Probably something I'm forgetting but I'll update this in the morning after sleep.

So I guess I'm tacking embroidery onto this list. As if I don't have enough everything else to do.

• Like 4
On 7/1/2021 at 9:53 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm mainly focused on a few things... 

- start weathering my LAV-III 

- more work on Zaku 1 Sniper

- second colour added in to my MDF terrain 

- finish sorting out layout of stuff on new desk

- finish painting Queen of Hell

- finish painting/weathering on Mystic Circle

*looks at list, then looks at what he's done*  Yeah, uhh...  Desk is more or less sorted out, but most of the other stuff didn't happen as other projects came up ^_^;;;

• Like 4
On 7/1/2021 at 8:41 AM, Rob Dean said:

I just received a big box of 54mm English Civil War figures to try out.  After not getting anything done at all in June, my goal is to do something.  ECW, 1/72 scale fantasy, 54mm Russians flats, cast some miniatures…it’d all be good.

However, the next Stargrave game has been scheduled for 24 July, so I will start on some extra crew members as soon as the package of reinforcments arrives from Reaper, currently estimated for tomorrow.  My son is working on his figures, and @Chris Palmer has been busily working on his for a month.

The way these things work out, I was glad that I did something.  I finished a couple of Stargrave things (a trooper and a treasure marker), added a single 1/72 fantasy NPC to the collection, and did some painting on more Stargrave figures and some 40mm semiflat 18th century soldiers.  I’ll be trying to do more in August.

• Like 5

I did terrible in July, only finished the Wizkids Gelatinous Cube, and there was not much paint needed on that one....

Work has been crazy busy and stressful.  Today I got on at 5am, and logged a 12 hour day which put me at 50 for the week.  At least I am taking next week off mostly (just going to log in Monday morning to do some financial reporting🙄 ).  Ah the life of an engineer stuck doing boring non-engineering stuff.

• Like 5

Had very low expectations and exceeded them even lower. Made a couple of alien plant scatter terrain pieces on cds with sculptamold, sand and plastic succulents. It's summer which is always a slow hobby period for me and this year it's sooo hot it's really sucked out my energy.

• Like 6