Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MediocrePainter said:

In germany it is for 4-5 year old children so i guess it is also preschooling.

 

I wonder how the german word got to north america and wasn't translated. If you were to translate kindergarten to english it would mean childrensgarden the idea for the german word is well a garden for children to play in and be just happy. 

 

Sorry to get so off topic....

 

According to the internet: The term dates back to the 19th century. Friedrich Froebel (1782-1852) started the first kindergarten, Garden of Children, in 1840. According to Froebel Web, the word kindergarten was invented by Froebel and symbolized his vision for early childhood education: “Children are like tiny flowers; they are varied and need care, but each is beautiful alone and glorious when seen in the community of peers.”

 

A great many Germans(and others) have come to America in the past two or three centuries, bringing language and customs.  My great-grandparents came from Germany over 100 years ago.  We still eat bratwurst and kartoffelsalat (potato salad), sauerkraut, and apfelstrudel (apple strudel).

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it might actually not be a modern thing that this word became part of north American english but actially go back to the 19th century.  I learned something

interesting today. Also you eat kartoffelsalat? I like you immediatley much more 🙂

 

But i think this thread has gone to far if rails. Still was nice to talk some german language history...

Edited by MediocrePainter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MediocrePainter said:

So it might actually not be a modern thing that this word became part of north American english but actially go back to the 19th century.  I learned something

interesting today. Also you eat kartoffelsalat? I like you immediatley much more 🙂

 

But i think this thread has gone to far if rails. Still was nice to talk some german language history...

Threads going off the rails is pretty much normal around here!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, Inarah said:

This is what was posted in the last official Kickstarter Update.  Details may change when they actually open the Pledge manager:

 

"

We are reopening the Reaper Pledge Manager the week of July 5th

 

We have nearly 2000 backers who have not completed/closed out/finalized their pledges yet. This is an unprecedented amount of backers compared to previous Bones Kickstarters. For this reason, we are reopening the Reaper Pledge Manager for these late backers to go back in and complete/close out/finalize their pledges. 

 

--We are targeting the week of July 5th to reopen the Reaper Pledge Manager; we will make an announcement here and on our social media outlets when it opens.

 

--If you are a Bones 5 backer and you did not close your pledge out, you will be able to log back into the Reaper Pledge Manager (use the email address you used in 2019 for the Bones 5 campaign) and finalize your pledge. You may add items to your existing pledge.

 

--If you are a Bones 5 backer and you *did* close out your pledge, you may still log into the Reaper Pledge Manager and create a new order or orders. However, please note that any new orders will pay  Late Backer pricing. 

 

--If you are not an original backer of Bones 5 and wish to take part in this campaign, you may create a new account on the Reaper Pledge Manager and make a new order or orders. New backers will pay  Late Backer pricing.

 

--The Pledge Manager will stay open for approximately 90 days; any of the existing original backers who have not closed out their pledge by this time will be unable to do so and their original pledge will be considered a donation to the Bones 5 project.

 

--Not all items from Bones 5 will be available during the 90-day window. Items like Extras and Bases will not be included, and there will be some Options and Expansions that will not be available. For details, please see the Reaper Pledge Manager when it opens.

 

--We expect to fulfill all of these orders in late 2021 and early 2022.

"

 So... am I reading this right? That if you didn't close out your order Reaper is rewarding you by letting you have Kickstarter prices but if you were a backer and did close out your order you are being punished by having to pay late backer pricing if you want to add anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's how I read it and how I heard it on Reaper Live last week.  I'm not sure why they made that choice.  I may have missed the explanation, though. 

 

It does seem odd to make your original backers who did what they were supposed to do pay more than those who missed the window to close their orders.  Maybe they'll talk about that some more this week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, Serenity said:

That's how I read it and how I heard it on Reaper Live last week.  I'm not sure why they made that choice.  I may have missed the explanation, though. 

 

It does seem odd to make your original backers who did what they were supposed to do pay more than those who missed the window to close their orders.  Maybe they'll talk about that some more this week.  

 

We did have plenty of chances to add more stuff before this, and I don't think a 5.5 was ever the original plan. This is a double late pledge manager now. I don't think it is odd to have a price increase for anyone who uses it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Reaper would state explicitly in the update what 'closing out' means. 

I'm betting a lot of those 2000 have pledged the correct amount for a Core set, and think that they're all set. That there's no need for them to use the PM. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I wish Reaper would state explicitly in the update what 'closing out' means. 

I'm betting a lot of those 2000 have pledged the correct amount for a Core set, and think that they're all set. That there's no need for them to use the PM. 

 

 

I know what you mean, but at a certain point, how much can they do for people who didn't read a year of emails in the first place? Reaper has time to send some more clarification, and it probably would be good for them to be explicit. But if the "explain to me like I'm five years old" method isn't working... not much else is going to reach people. I guess the sheer number of people who failed somehow this time made the double-late pledge manager somewhat necessary just for public relation's sake. The "use the pledge manager and close your pledge" message was all over for so long on top of disclaimers that unclaimed pledges are donations so I doubt it would be a legal requirement at all. Sucks for folks to lose money, but I'm having trouble pitying folks who just didn't read any of the 100 emails from this Kickstarter.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know somewhere it spelled out specifically that you HAD TO set up a pledge manager account and had to lock in order. I cannot find it now BUT on every pledge level, it says this:

 

YOU ARE REQUIRED to set up an account using the Reaper Pledge Manager and must complete your pledge for us to have all the information required to ship you your pledge.

 

Pretty much this. I mean, if you didn't understand, you should ask. You would be surprised how many times I bug creators before, during and AFTER there Kickstarters about things I want answered (especially before, because I want to make sure before I pledge).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I know somewhere it spelled out specifically that you HAD TO set up a pledge manager account and had to lock in order. I cannot find it now BUT on every pledge level, it says this:

 

YOU ARE REQUIRED to set up an account using the Reaper Pledge Manager and must complete your pledge for us to have all the information required to ship you your pledge.

 

Pretty much this. I mean, if you didn't understand, you should ask. You would be surprised how many times I bug creators before, during and AFTER there Kickstarters about things I want answered (especially before, because I want to make sure before I pledge).

 

Its at the bottom of the Kickstarter page. It says:

 

YOUR BACKER RESPONSIBILITY IN THIS KICKSTARTER If you do not log in and confirm your pledge in the Reaper Pledge Manager by August 31, 2020 you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge after August 31, 2020. Unconfirmed pledges make it difficult for us to plan production and logistics. If you confirm your pledge late (after April 30, 2021) some items may not still be available. This means that part, if not all, of your rewards may not be available and/or your pledge may be forfeit. You are responsible for all fees associated with the transit and acceptance by you to complete delivery. These include, but are not limited to: import duties or any other duties that may be payable to the relevant and taxing authorities, VAT and GST due and delivery acceptance, brokerage and collection charges. You are required to provide correct address information and ensure this address is deliverable by normal methods before your rewards are shipped. You must have your address correct and up to date in the Reaper Pledge Manager when we announce shipping is beginning. You may change it at any time until then. There may be a shipping surcharge associated with changing countries. Rewards returned to us as undeliverable will be shipped again postage prepaid by the Backer. ALL OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS FOR THIS KICKSTARTER WILL BE VIA KICKSTARTER UPDATES ONLY.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Ah that's it. My head cold makes it hard to think😫

Looks like it covers a lot of the shipping issues as well.

 

Yeah, we may be kvetching about it up here in Canada, but it was disclosed as a possibility. UK/EU expected some kind of a mess or another from the get-go though, and since Bones IV didn't have that for Canada... we were overly optimistic about that being the case this time too. Oh well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Smokestack said:

ALL OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS FOR THIS KICKSTARTER WILL BE VIA KICKSTARTER UPDATES ONLY.

Funny how that's there yet most of the updates seem to only happen on Twitch... :p  yes, most wind up eventually being mentioned in a Kickstarter update, but not all, and not all of the important ones. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Funny how that's there yet most of the updates seem to only happen on Twitch... :p  yes, most wind up eventually being mentioned in a Kickstarter update, but not all, and not all of the important ones. 

I would like to think that if they had a dedicated PR guy, he would make sure ALL outlets would be covered.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...