Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Finally I can reveal my entry for the 2. Quarterly Reaper Miniatures painting contest. I am very pleased with the results and even placed fourth. The competition was strong as per usual and very impressive freehands as well as glow effects made the top three stand out.
Rhianna is based on Reaper Miniatures Avatar of Resilience. I changed quite a bit about the miniature to fit the urban fantasy theme: New weapons, including a scratch-build pump gun, pants, leather straps across the chest and more.
I had lots of fun converting this mini and painting her was also a good, if challenging experience. Pink is not usually a colour I choose, but here it really works. I used Kimera Colours Magenta with a bit of The White as a base colour. That was crazy vibrant, so I desaturated it with some grey. For the shadows I mixed some Purple into the Magenta which really helped to make it pop. Finally, highlights were applied using a baby pink.
I had trouble getting the right look for the Juicy logo, but ended up using metallics for it. Micro dots failed and had to be painted over again.
The small labels and garbage were also a first. The labels are all freehands and distressed afterwards. The cigarettes are small styrene strips and the Pepsi can made from some aluminium foil.
So a few questions to spark discussion:
How do you go about sequin, glitter or fake 'crystals' on miniatures? What is your favourite recipe for pink?
Hello everyone, here's the fifth dwarf of my Slayer unit. This model was sculpted in the mid-90s by Aly Morrison.
Since I have two of these models in the unit I decided to convert this one. He was a standard bearer, I swap his banner for an axe.
It was ll painted with Reaper MSP Color, here's the list;
By The Golem
Hi all! How do you do?
It's been a while since I last shared a mini here. I recently converted and painted one for my egyptian-themed Frostgrave warband.
Since the mini is a female and has bare breasts, I am supposed -as per the forum rules- to post links to the pictures instead of displaying them directly in the post. So consider this topic slightly NSFW.
To begin with, here is the mini I started with:
For the conversion, here's what I did:
Sawed the head off. A brutal surgery but a necessary one. [picture] Replaced the head with a bald one from Statuesque Miniatures. [picture] Filed off the remaining hair with a Dremmel power tool. [picture] Filed off the belt decoration and replace it with an Ankh cross. Resculpted the piece of fur on her shoulders and upper back. Cut off the top of her staff and replace it with an egyptian staff decoration (a double ostrich feather ornament)
The result after the conversion: https://legolemquireve.files.wordpress.com/2022/06/p1090830.jpg
After priming in off-white: https://legolemquireve.files.wordpress.com/2022/06/p1090832.jpg
And finally, the painted mini: [Front Picture] / [Side Picture 1] / [Side Picture 2] / [Back Picture] / [Close-up Picture]
If you want to see the pictures directly, you may visit my blog post (although it's written in french): https://legolemquireve.wordpress.com/2022/06/29/sandgrave-djesa-la-thaumaturge/