• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That colour scheme is amazing, the use of the OSL and the blues on the back are super well done. Creates an amazing atmosphere. I also can't stop staring at those fur highlights, so good! 😍

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      This was my entry for the quarterly contest. I decided to paint him as though he was in a cave with maybe some luminescent crystals or mushrooms. I love the sculpt and will probably eventually get another to paint "normally". Or maybe not since I have hundreds of other minis to paint!

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! With Halloween at the door, it promises to be a very colorful month. Here's 01545, Punkin' Headed Bugbear sculpted by Jason Wiebe. This Special Edition Miniature was originally available only at the 2014 Reaper Artist Conference. It was later release under sku: 04044. The base is a 74024, 40mm square plastic base.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello there, here is my latest Dark Dwarf. 44139, Dark Dwarf Cleaver was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. This is the Bones Black version. Have a good Friday.

• By R2ED
      Took a shot at the ol OSL. 

This model is from my youth that I'd always been afraid to paint because i didn't want to mess it up.  Years later, now I feel like my skills are better and it was worth a shot.  Not only did I take a shot, I did it with a real challenge applied to it.  I was either going to mess it up - or REALLY mess it up.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Using the colors red and purple seem very wizardly.  Felt like a strong combo and happy with it.
      *  The OSL I did was using a dry brush and sweeping it from the main source and only moving in that direction.  
      *  After the initial area had been 'zoned' I went in and brought up the colors further.  I had a difficult time identifying what would be lit or not.

Misses:
      *  The highlight on the face is way too much.  I wanted a light cast to it, but Iwasn't thinking like sitting in front of the sun.  Help.
      *  What colors to use for bringing up a light source?  I was thinking some kind of fire getting cast away.  I went Orange, Yellow, White, but only hitting white up close and fading to deeper colors farther from the source.
      *  The shading in the cape and undercape - I didn't do anything but feel it does need something.  Does it look strange without it?

If I were to base this one, I'm wondering how I can really knock this light effect out on the base, too.  I may end up just leaving this as is and thinking fondly of it as a first attempt at OSL.  I also think having taken a challenge piece from my childhood and honoring it with something fun to do in my adulthood felt...redeeming.  
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here is my converted Reaper Miniatures 01411, Harapan sculpted by Jason Wiebe. Back in 2005, this limited-edition model was produced to raising money after the Tsunami disasters in SE Asia. The funds collected were distributed to the Red Cross and Unicef.

Nowadays, this mini is very hard to find and the molds were supposedly destroyed after production. I was lucky enough to find one and spent all my free time during the last two weeks converting, painting it and creating a base for it.

I converted its weapon by replacing the blades with a cleaver and a tiger paw flail. You can see the original model on the last picture. The tiger paw is front paw of a 02817, Moor Hound. The tropical planted are plastic aquarium plants. I painted the blade as a damascus forged steel and added a blue/green sky and earth non-metallic metal SENMM effect on the metallic parts. I also added ceremonial painting on Harapan’s forehead. I have used Reaper MSP paint exclusively.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)