Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Eldest son

idley twirling his two swords around his hands, "I was thinking I could take point, but I can stay behind if that is what needs to be done. Three whistles will be my warning."

The cart is loaded with Felix's unconcious body.  After a brief trip upstairs, Keisha joins him in the cart.  The donkey is old and loaded with a cart, so Milo leads her by her harness instead of riding on her back.  Gaelwayenne takes the point and Nym guards the rear.

And this is the sight they make as they pull up to the gate of the estate.  They unload the cart and slap the donkey to return home just as the front door is opened.

cbs

Emerging from the door is a heavyset dwarf.  The initial impression he gives as he stares out from beneath his large dark eyebrows is that of a large, fearsome barrel.

"Eh?  Wot's all this, then?"  he growls amiably, glancing round at the assembled party.  "Deliveries to the rear, I 'spect the master prefers."

He slips out, his mass of dark brown hair, beard, and eyebrow seemingly leading independant lives of their own.  He makes to shut the door behind him, then sees inside the cart.

"By the seventeenth tassle on Freya's beard!"  he roars.  "Felix!  Izzat you?  What've they done to ye?"  He rushes to the side of the cart, then he and his eyebrows glower at the party.  "What have yeh done to the boy?" he demands.  "By Odwin's hobnails, I'll have the hide of the ones as did, or my name isn't Thain Grimthorn!"

Keisha steps forward "Gently Sir Grimthorn, we are merely 'friends' who are bringing him home. He was waylaid by brigands and yon Elf found him and brought him to the Inn. Milo and the innkeep recognized him and we thought it best to bring him home." She pauses, " I  am Keisha a cleric of Lumis."  and she inclines her head in greeting.

LT

Nym ever so carefully lifts up the unconsious body of felix. "If your just going to stand and stair at me, would you at least get the gate and the door?" He says to the dwarf.

Not so lightly nudging aside the dwarf with his hip, Nym steps through the door and sets Felix down on the first table he sees.

(If there isn't a table I'll put him on the floor.)

Milo cautiously follows expecting to be scolded in some way by his appearance.

"Are you sure we should go inside, what if they didn't hear him and see us here without notice?"

The Estate is a generous word when used to describe the buildings the Einen’s call home.  There is a ramshackle collection of out buildings that surround the main house.  It is obvious that the large three story stone building has seen better days.  Neglect and disrepair almost mask the splendor of bygone years.

Elegant furnishings have been neglected into states that are beyond repair.  The rugs and furniture have been soiled, overused.  Throughout the first floor, cheap gaudy knockoffs of exquisite pieces are littered about, in an attempt to disguise the shambles.

At Thain’s shouts, a few servants appear, one leads the group up the stairs to Felix’s room.

“Oh my, Master Felix, oh, please sirs and ladies, right this way.  Herbert, fetch the mistress.”

Felix is made to be comfortable on his own bed.  Not too much longer, Herbert returns announcing, “The mistress will see you all in his Lordship’s chambers.  Please come with me.”

The first servant has been giving orders for the doctor to be fetched, for rooms to be readied, for a meal to be prepared all the while clucking around Felix’s bed checking the bandages and splints.

As the five follow Herbert to the Lord’s chambers, they are confident Felix is in good hands.

The Lord’s chambers are back downstairs, kind of odd for a house this size.  As they enter them, an ailing Fornias Einen propped up in bed is the center point of the room.  Seated beside him is his wife, Dore’nel and off to the side, slouching by the window is Ralphus.

Dore’nel is about half her husband’s age.  She is a beautiful woman who appears to dote on his every need.  She smiles at the newcomers and continues to sit next to her husband.

Ralphus appears to be in a fine state, as if the arrival has disturbed his slumber.  He appears to be agitated about something, as if something was interrupted, something important.

Fornias does not look well.  He is in the throws of a coughing fit that leaves red stains on the kerchief he used to cover his mouth.  He motions the group forward.

“Good Day.  I am Fornias Einen, my wife Dore’nel, and my son Ralphus.  I am told you have brought my son, Felix, home.  What has happened?”

And another coughing fit begins.  He catches his breath again and apologizes, “Forgive me, I can’t seem to beat these bad humours.”

"Well Sir," says Thain, "I 'as steppin' out fer some air when these'uns cameup the road with th'young lord on a cart.  Seems he'd been hit by bandits.  Maybe they'd better be tellin' the story," he finishes, his beard indicating the rest of the group.