Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Eldest son

Looking to the others to see if any one else whats to say something first, Nym starts to tell the story.  "I was following some tracks in the woods, I found your son.  There was an inn a few minutes away so I carried him there." Nodding to the halfling, Nym continues. "Milo here recognized the man and the Innkeeper lent us a cart to bring Felix home.... His legs look real bad."

Gaelwayenne looks over the people assembled.

"As the elf said, good sir, it appears as if your son was beset be brigands. Whether or not that was the truth of the matter, only the gods know."

She moves closer to Ralphus. "I remember seeing you at the temple to Aurelius. Have you finished your studies there? Perhaps you will be able to help your brother in his recovery."

She moves back and places herself between her companions and Thain.

"He said he was going to Astoria to find your other son. I was going no place in particular, and can easily change my direction to Astoria. I would be more than willing to help, for it seems your need to find your son is great."

LT

"Yeh did the right thing in bringin' 'im home," Thain growls at Nym, his face turning slightly red.  "Don't yeh go cheapenin' the good yeh done."

Having said that, most of him turns back to his hosts, where he and his eyebrows bow to his hosts.  "We gotta find Jonas, yeh.  Who knows what th'crown'll do with the family fortune if 'e isn't here when yeh pass, beggin' yer pardon, my lord.  I'll help yeh find him if that's what yeh want.

Milo pokes his head from behind Nym "Can I go too? I'm getting bored of wandering around town and I'd like to help Felix for his kindness in the past."

With the tale of finding Felix told, Fornias looks haggard, as if he has aged many years in the last few minutes.  “Oh, this is bad.  I was afraid he would go off and …”coughing fit begins again

Ralphus shifts uncomfortably at Gaelwayenne’s comments.  

“Yes, my studies are, hmm, done.  Felix has no use for my, hmm, help.” he replies rather noncommittally.  

He crosses over to the door and with a look back toward the bed, takes his leave of the room.

Cough, hack, spit, cough, Fornias gathers his breath again and continues, “We have had a letter from the University, from one of Jonas’s instructors.  Professor Merriweather is concerned about Jonas.  He seems to think Jonas has returned home, he is apparently missing.  That is not Jonas; my son would never abandon his studies.  Jonas is a very responsible young man, knows his family duty.  He would never just leave.  Something must have happened to him.  Some foul play must have befallen him.”

At the offer of help in locating Jonas, Fornias smiles wanly.  “Thank you, oh what kind souls you are.  Time is very short now.  I have to admit our hope has dimmed; I have drawn up the papers to declare Jonas dead.  They were signed and delivered last week.  That is what prompted Felix’s rash trek to Astoria.”  

“I can offer a reward for Jonas’s safe return, 300 gold pieces.  That would ensure my family’s future.  Can you help us, help me, and find my son?  Let us offer you a place to stay tonight for reward for your care with Felix.  Can you please accept our offer overnight and think on the search for Jonas?  Dinner will be served in the dining room at eight.  Herbert will show you to your rooms.”

"Well, I owe Felix one fr'm a while back, an yer family's shown me nothin' but kindness..."  Thain trails off, his eyebrows drooping.  

"Ralphus, yeh got any idea...buggrit, 'e's gone off."  Thain swings his glance around, gradually bringing his facial hair into a roughly similar alignment with his gaze.

"Yeh got any idea where he might'a gone, what he might be doin?" he asks to the family.

"I'd be well-pleased with your hospitality, sir," Gaelwayenne says, walking towards the lady of the house.

"I fear that my quest upon the road has left me with no clothing which would be acceptable for dinner. If I could trouble you for the loan of a dress, it would be greatly appreciated. As would a hot bath."

Some time alone with the Lady of the house may yield more information...

As another coughing fit erupts from Fornias, Dore'nal ushers everyone out of his room.

"Let's adjourn to another room, my husband needs some rest.  I think I can find something, I'll have a selection delivered to your room.  I really must ask you to excuse me, I need to see to things.  I'l rejoin you at dinner."

And she leaves you all standing outside of the bed chambers.  Herbert is waiting to show you to your rooms.

"I think we should rest for today and rejoice that we got Felix home. Even though it would be a great idea to finish his journey."-Milo