Seen on the news this morning, Richard Donner, director of blockbusters such as Superman (1978), the Lethal Weapon franchise & for me, Ladyhawke & especially, Goonies died Monday at the age of 91. Thank you for all the movie & generational memories.

"Goonies for life!!!"

R.I.P Mr Donner.

Richard Donnor, RIP

• Sad 9
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must confess I've never watched The Goonies or Ladyhawke, which seems shameful. 😳

His run from Lethal Weapon on through the 90s--Scrooged, Maverick, Assassins--was wildly good tho. He deserved more props than he got prolly.

• Like 3

I read an interview with Jeff Cohen (who played Chunk in Goonies) about Richard Donner.  He said that when his acting career was over and he was trying to get into college, he asked Richard Donner for a letter of recommendation.  Richard Donner did him one better and paid for his college education. Jeff Cohen is now a lawyer in the entertainment industry.  He had a lot of nice things to say about Richard  Donner. 

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Marvin said:

Must confess I've never watched The Goonies or Ladyhawke, which seems shameful. 😳

His run from Lethal Weapon on through the 90s--Scrooged, Maverick, Assassins--was wildly good tho. He deserved more props than he got prolly.

You need to see Ladyhawke... Seriously, go find it somewhere -  Goonies is a fun kids movie, but Ladyhawke is a masterpiece of the swords and sorcery genre. Back in the '80's, when they basically weren't handing out awards to fantasy and scy-fi movies at all, it got nominated for two academy Awards for Best Sound and Best Sound Effects. And should have won both, and a couple more.

• Like 4