Possibility of larger paint bottles?

While it might not be the most interesting I use so much linen white (9061) as my base coat that I find I buy it more than any other colour. Has there been any news or suggestions in the past of offering some paints on larger quantities or bottle sizes?

• Like 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I've found "recently" is a few years old [Brown liner by the bucket?].

At the time, the general consensus was that Reaper knew we wanted larger bottles for some items.  Specifically, people were asking for larger bottles of the Blue, Grey, and especially Brown Liners--but requests were also made for primers, flow improver, etc. as well as Pure White and Pure Black.  The requests had been kicked up the chain of command, but no changes.

Now, I can't find the thread/post, but I thought there was a post where someone official (or someone familiar with the type of machine) said that the machine that fills the bottles won't handle a larger size.

• Like 2

At times I still think about a bucket of brown liner.  Realistically 4-8oz bottles.  But I also understand that it's creating basically a new product line, with new packaging, probably requiring new machines..... generally something entirely not-cheap(tm) to do.  I suspect it's not economically prudent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mikem91 said:

But I also understand that it's creating basically a new product line, with new packaging, probably requiring new machines..... generally something entirely not-cheap(tm) to do.  I suspect it's not economically prudent.

Having seen the complexity of the custom built bottle filling machine they use, I imagine it would be quite the investment to procure one to fill larger bottles. 

Knowing that larger bottles are very likely never going to happen, I would love to see "triads" where you could get three bottles of the same color in the same blister pack, with the slight discount the other triads see. 

• Like 4

On 7/7/2021 at 5:48 PM, kristof65 said:

Having seen the complexity of the custom built bottle filling machine they use, I imagine it would be quite the investment to procure one to fill larger bottles. 

Knowing that larger bottles are very likely never going to happen, I would love to see "triads" where you could get three bottles of the same color in the same blister pack, with the slight discount the other triads see. 

I support the Bolded part in the above quote, especially for the Liners.

• Like 1