Thunderbolt Mountain/Ral Partha Legacy Flying Pink Unicorn with Ballerina Fairy, sculpted by Tom Meier

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I like how the eyes of the Pegasus say "Go ahead, I dare you to say anything."  At least they seem that way in the first pic.

The unicorn has such huge eyes, they were a joy to paint. A superior painter could do so much with them, I really could only give them a pupil, color and a white dot. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

It's also disturbing that something cute comes at you with a blaster gun..

If you choose to believe the US-centric concept that every law-abiding fairy has the right to defend herself, it ceases to be so disturbing.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Poilu_1914 said:

That is a totally awesome figure. Love all the fairy combat squad figures you've done!

Thanks, I really love these sculpts,I’d love to see Tom Meier do more of these some day!

17 hours ago, Rigel said:

Gorgeous work!

I'm assuming that weapon is an Excellent Prismatic (Sp)Raygun. 

No idea what that is, but I’m going to say yes?

• Like 1

Wonderful miniature and I LOVE the saturated paint job!  That's definitely the sort of miniature that, if I had one, I would have to find an EXCUSE to put it on the table in some RPG scenario, however weird and strained -- but even more so if it had such a fantastic paint job.

I find it interesting how you painted the support rod a sky blue.  So often, when I have to contend with such a thing, I'll paint it black or perhaps a dark grey, but it would never occur to me to paint it any particular *color*.  To my surprise, I think it actually works, visually, nicely contrasting with the pinks of the alicorn(?) body, and finding an echo in the fairy's blue hair.

This is a very fun piece, and I'm glad I got to see it.  🙂  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2
On 7/15/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jordan Peacock said:

Wonderful miniature and I LOVE the saturated paint job!  That's definitely the sort of miniature that, if I had one, I would have to find an EXCUSE to put it on the table in some RPG scenario, however weird and strained -- but even more so if it had such a fantastic paint job.

I find it interesting how you painted the support rod a sky blue.  So often, when I have to contend with such a thing, I'll paint it black or perhaps a dark grey, but it would never occur to me to paint it any particular *color*.  To my surprise, I think it actually works, visually, nicely contrasting with the pinks of the alicorn(?) body, and finding an echo in the fairy's blue hair.

This is a very fun piece, and I'm glad I got to see it.  🙂  Thanks for sharing!

Call me simple, but I just thought they’re in the air, so between them and the ground is sky, so I figured some sort of sky blue would be a pretty good color!

• Like 1