Dark World Ogre and some scenery (Reaper, WizKids, Tehnolog)

Finally tackling painting one of my first ogre minis ever, from the Dark World game I got aaaaaaaall the way back in 1994. It's also the last mini type from my game that remained in my possession til adulthood that I had yet painted so... milestone, I guess. :lol:

Since Reaper's "ogre skin" is yellow I decided to base his entire deco on the "Yellow Ogre" from the Game Boy Advance and PSP remakes of the original Final Fantasy, featured in the Dawn Of Souls dungeons.

OgreDarkWorld.thumb.JPG.8a69675c228c08704ef5510297eebf11.JPG

Next up some scenery so... let's start with the least exciting ones!
It's just wood! Tables and seats from the Deep Cuts Rusty Dragon Inn and Royal Court sets.

WizKidsTablesNchairs.thumb.JPG.4cbafd8ed97028093e8d987754aefc9a.JPG

(I dunno I tried to get a "wood grain" thing going but it barely shows up to the naked eye, even less so in my sub-par photography.)

Everything else is thankfully stone-based.

First up a dragon mini from Tehnolog's Castlecraft range. Well, half a dragon. With a face kinda just mushed into the wing. So I decided to use these as statues instead. First one's in old worn stone, next one probably in bronze or gold.

TehnologDragonStone.thumb.JPG.643cd2d110b2f97d2f5e32f60611e88a.JPG

And lastly some evil culty stuff from Reaper Bones.

Ritual circle where I really did not feel confident enough to freehand some text on the scroll.

ReaperCultCircle.thumb.JPG.8cafb070c33cd179544c0f722ab5b34e.JPG

And the altar, with some nice bronze skulls adorning it.

ReaperEvilAltar.thumb.JPG.22d039ee8f620964c71e9a0099762b81.JPG

• Like 16
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark World? Was this stuff Sold outside Germany? I am confused. Actually it was a german license which is called The Dark Eye. Some weeks ago I had this guy in Front of my camera. I painted differet versions of The Dark Eyes ogres. This one Was painted sometime in the 90s. Two more from mid and late 90s are metal ones. I painted them recently together with the latest Version from a New range by Westfalia Miniatures.

The Photos are on my Computer. I can upload a photo next time I work on my Desktop.

59 miniatures sounds good. I am more clone to 12. 😜

1 hour ago, Krassling said:

Dark World? Was this stuff Sold outside Germany? I am confused. Actually it was a german license which is called The Dark Eye. Some weeks ago I had this guy in Front of my camera. I painted differet versions of The Dark Eyes ogres. This one Was painted sometime in the 90s. Two more from mid and late 90s are metal ones. I painted them recently together with the latest Version from a New range by Westfalia Miniatures.

The Photos are on my Computer. I can upload a photo next time I work on my Desktop.

59 miniatures sounds good. I am more clone to 12. 😜

yep! there was a goofy big box game for it when I was a kid. it had hero characters that had separate weapons so you could switch out their normal weapons for vac metal magic weapons

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, EvilJames said:

Still have Dark World as well. Loved it even if it was a much lesser Hero Quest. The manticore and ogres were awesome! I will need to paint mine some day.

Wish I still had more of the pieces but all that stayed with me have been the orcs, ogres and manticore.

5 hours ago, Krassling said:

Dark World? Was this stuff Sold outside Germany?

Yep, the games were released worldwide to cash in on the HeroQuest love with the name Dark World and the eye sigil replaced by a snake's face to tie it in with Korak being the main villain.
(and apparently the cobrans don't even exist in The Dark Eye outside of these board games?)

• Thanks 1