Meddling Kids! Hasslefree's modern Scooby gang

Rigel

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Downright inspirational!  I especially love the freehand touches, such as the "SNAX" box, the custom van, and the conversion of the "circus bear" (with the addition of a cute little cone hat and a frill -- BRILLIANT!).  And having it take place in a creepy circus is only too perfect.  The set pieces are a lot of fun.  🙂

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words, all! I appreciate it; these are a great bunch and I need to write a few one-shots for them. 

On 7/15/2021 at 2:38 PM, Jordan Peacock said:

Downright inspirational!  I especially love the freehand touches, such as the "SNAX" box, the custom van, and the conversion of the "circus bear" (with the addition of a cute little cone hat and a frill -- BRILLIANT!).  And having it take place in a creepy circus is only too perfect.  The set pieces are a lot of fun.  🙂

Thank you--and also for originally pointing me towards the Hasslefree gang in the first place! I've been loving your Wasteland Wanderer take on the gang--and the sets. 

On 7/12/2021 at 3:20 AM, Kangaroorex said:

Great work on the gang and I  love the mystery machine!

On 7/12/2021 at 1:34 PM, Krassling said:

Awesome. And you even got a car. 

On 7/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, Iridil said:

Fantastic and so fun! Love the van and the circus setting - especially the vendor food carts - they call to my love of nifty terrain!

The Mystery Machine really sells it IMO. The base model, and a red version, were about $5 or 6 USD at some supermarkets and hardware stores. I think I may get another one to turn into a SPACE BUS a la Spaceballs.
Glad you liked the food stands--I've never been very clear on what skills Shaggy brings to the investigative side of things, but I'm 100% confident he knows how to operate any type of griddle or snack-preparing machine.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:25 PM, Inarah said:

Jeepers!  Another mystery solved! 

SORT OF, yes...
in response to minor shipping hiccup (which was fixed quickly and easily), Hasslefree graciously was kind enough to include an extra miniature beyond what I had ordered--the perfect Scooby-Doo villain. A cartoonishly theatrical old man with a history of using trickery, fear, and lots of makeup in pursuit of real-estate swindles. Unfortunately, forum guidelines mean I can't post those shots here; your imagination will probably be correct though. 

On 7/12/2021 at 4:57 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-12 115702.jpg

Also thanks for the tip on Hasslefree back when I was working on their fantasy counterparts!

• Like 1