Mousekiller's Dragon WIPs

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had a lot of time this week for painting, so with the little bits of 20 min sessions I have had this is what I have gotten done.  Look at the lower portion of the wing, that is the direction I think I want to go?  Need to clean it up a little bit where the black wash encountered the lighter yellow.

Other than that, more scale highlighting and hit the mane.  Thoughts on the mane?  I might go back in and do some more subtle red mixed in to the mane?  

IMG_2346.thumb.jpg.15f6bab3af492f866c62da1310ebb579.jpg

• Like 12

@RogaDanar I agree, at least on scales in general.  This is only the second dragon I have painted, and I never did finish the first one.  It is quite relaxing though!  I just wish my daughter had more then a 5 min attention span!  Good luck with yours mate, would love to see the combo work!

Finished this side, for the most part.  Now, the belly, details in the face, and finish up the wings.... it is coming along nicely for only getting about 10-15 minutes of attention each paint session.

IMG_2366.thumb.jpg.33079a879bc05d2fd300760bf3d10b63.jpg

• Like 14

@kazmania7 Here is the underside... will work the top of the wing next!

@Darcstaar Thank you!

@Glitterwolf Thank you!

Update time!  Got the underside of the wing done, though I may go back and hit it with a bit of lining next to the wing membrane.  Sealed the underside of the wing and the finished side of the body with some dull coat, want to be sure I don't jack up the paint job once I start working on the other side.  What do you think?

837581066_LeftWingUnder.thumb.jpg.1c0221d40cf6c9d3642c44172c9d21b4.jpg

• Like 12

@kazmania7 Thank you!  First dragon I have painted, having a blast!

@Darcstaar Thank you!  Sinister yet friendly!  

Back of the wing done, the real pain in the butt with these miniatures is that they come fully assembled, so manipulating the mould to paint in between the wing and the mane was tricky.  But, it is soft plastic, or some other type of resin.  Time to start on the other half of his body 🙂

IMG_2425.thumb.jpg.607c3a0b871be50cb60c5d571cfdf797.jpg

• Like 12