• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I really like your purple & tannish gold fabric combo, not to mention the outstanding work on her skin. You really nailed her face. Brought out the best in the sculpt's expression. I especially like the way you made her scabbard look more like wood, rather than leather or metal. It ties-in & compliments her staff, making them feel more like a set. I'll have to try that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

She looks gorgeous! Well done. Everything is neatly blocked and defined, shaded well. I’m sure the dress and hair have more depth in person, especially at the table top level.

I know minis with this much detail can become busy very quickly, but this all works well.

the sword… I feel this is both a missed opportunity for you, the painter and kind of a tough challenge from the sculptor. That fine of detail can be tough to manage and may not be super crisp once it gets to our hands. I don’t  know what I would have done with it. Having looked at yours and benefiting from hindsight, I may have filed the detail off into a straight edge.

Again though, great job, she looks awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Likes everyone!

8 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Wow! I really like your purple & tannish gold fabric combo, not to mention the outstanding work on her skin. You really nailed her face. Brought out the best in the sculpt's expression. I especially like the way you made her scabbard look more like wood, rather than leather or metal. It ties-in & compliments her staff, making them feel more like a set. I'll have to try that. 

Thanks! Yeah, she has a super expressive face, just a pity I couldn't give her more than "dot" eyes.

1 hour ago, Neatpete said:

She looks gorgeous! Well done. Everything is neatly blocked and defined, shaded well. I’m sure the dress and hair have more depth in person, especially at the table top level.

I know minis with this much detail can become busy very quickly, but this all works well.

the sword… I feel this is both a missed opportunity for you, the painter and kind of a tough challenge from the sculptor. That fine of detail can be tough to manage and may not be super crisp once it gets to our hands. I don’t  know what I would have done with it. Having looked at yours and benefiting from hindsight, I may have filed the detail off into a straight edge.

Again though, great job, she looks awesome!

Thanks!

Her dress could use more contrast, I struggle on these big softly curved areas where I can't rely on a wash to do most of the heavy lifting for me!

The rune detail is a little soft on back-side of her sword (at least on mine), but the main problem is I stupidly used more Sky Blue on them and they're just not photographing too well.

51 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

She's a looker, great work on the hair.

Thanks! Her hair looks much better in hand, you can even see her little side braid and everything.

• Like 2