Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Venomous Flowers by PrintYourMonsters. These are 3d resin prints. Of course, they might also be only harmless spring flowers on some sci-fi world.
The smallest one is a bit over 1" across, the largest is taller than a humanoid figure. Overall I've been very happy with the Plants and Rocks files.
I only saw one thread about crackle paste when I searched these forums.
So, I’m going to share how it’s going for me.
I started with washed and dried 1” and 2” Reaper Bases.
I put this garbage on a 2 inch base first.
Don’t buy it. I got it at Hobby Lobby at the time because they were out of Folk Art.
To be clear, this is Crackle Medium.
It is meant to be painted on a primed or rough surface I guess, and painted thin. I put it on kind of thick. It didn’t crackle at all!
So, I got a tub of this stuff on Amazon.
The directions state “put over a thin layer of PVA glue.” Pfft, who has time for that extra step?
Here is the result on a washed but otherwise un prepped set of bases.
So, the surface needs something for crackle paste to work right.
This is a 1” base with a thin layer of PVA glue.
This is a 1” base with just hitting it with 220 grit sandpaper and washing it again.
I also used the 2” base with dried crackle medium on it. Not pictured.
This is a 2” base covered in black brush on primer.
Here is the result on the 2” base over dried crackle medium. It was hard to get the stuff into a uniform layer, as the medium created a very hydrophobic surface, so the paste slides around too easy.
Taking a hiatus on the Mocking Beast.
Trying to gain some victory in numbers on my Bonesium Horde. I have completed the beetle swarms, spider swarms, and skeletons without WIP.
I’m going to do the goblins now. I plan two batches: one yellow/ochre, and the other tangerine. Some nice “non-Greenskins.”
Several of these required boiling. Some are still leaning. The spears are straighter. One of these was the beneficiary of a weapon swap. I had given Danar, Male Assassin 77030 his shield for a spiked shield. In return, we have a dual wielding goblin!
This one is next in line. He needs a better base.
This is a standard Reaper 1 inch base. And a sheet of embossed styrene cobblestone, for model railroading. I superglued it on, trimmed around it with an X-Acto, then sanded it down to 800 grit. Any gap left is going to get the Brush On Sealer treatment to deal with the seam. After this I just superglued the Mocking Beast on. No pin.
Who's Online 13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)