Arakoth the Ancient ( Bones 5)

lexomatic

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rigel said:

I like the web-like brushwork effect on the base!

Happy Accidemt from toddler experiments on the base. He mixed acrylic medium, ivory craft paint, and pine/ cerulean blue inks (2 different mixes 1 green 1 blue) and slopped them on the base.

I brushed things around to try and make it work ... then dry brushed over it all in greys and greens.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Looks good to me!

Thanks. I mostly had plans to add a bit more red to the bottom and blend more prussian blue into legs. Like 90%+ done Things could've been a lot worse, but I'm not going to have any time soon to finish or paint more.

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Kalibak
      Some questions about the Bones 5 Learn To Paint Kit:

1. The box says the figures in it are Bones, but those figures were all Bones Black in the Kickstarter. So is that a typo?

2. Is there any new information in here that wasn’t in the previous kits or is it just a repeat of those lessons?

Thanks. 
    • By R2ED
      Drinking is the least of his problems. Dumpster diving and leaving poop on roof tops easily shadows the drinking issue.  Although, maybe his problems stem from it?  

Battle Report! 

Sadly,  i didn't track my progress on this one.  I should have, dang it.  I was moving fast and trying to get it done quickly.  @Inarahposted that she had 6 figures to finish, so i wanted to try some.  I did this and one of the winged demons from Bones 5.

Highs: 
      *fur and raccoon look came out great! 
      *i let my daughter pick the main colors and it ended up being a perfect match on the triad color wheel - violet,  orange, green.  
      *values in cape worked great. 
      *pants looked cool. (I may never use pumpkin orange again.  Took me 6 coats and still i had to add an ink to it so it would be opaque. Lame. 
      *i struggled in the early stages, but pushed through.  Notably the belt straps and weapons were getting lost on the model.  
      *beer came out great. 

Lows:
      *the pants. I want to blame the paint, but next time I'll be using an opaque blue. 
      *Eyes took me 4 tries. Still not great. 
      * boots look weird. 
      *think i should have used a different color for the stitching on the pants. Ideas? 

• By R2ED
      Here's my first one of this set.  Came out decent.  I saw someone on Instagram do theirs and i really got inspired. 

Battle Report! 

Highs: 
      *Using the color wheel again for the win.  Blue orange, red.  Fun. 
      *Shiney jewel on bracer came out nice. 
      *  hair is good (but also could be better) 
      * blue leather tunic layered up well.  Noticed that feathering works better for me than just swiping.
      *eyes are solid. 
      *attempted adding more scratches and detail to the axe head. 
      *axe wood effect worked nicely. 

Lows:
      *  don't like the transition in the boots.
      * struggled a lot with the skin. 
      *hair and fingers are too close in color and kind of blend.  
      *still need to figure out how to highlight hair on curves and catch light. 
      *axe head two tone metal does not look good. 

• By Zloyduh
      It's Krampus time! 🙂
      So, the challenge here was to use the Holiday Paint Set as the main/core palette.  Which turned out to be a no challenge at all.  This figure is pretty much calling for a certain palette to be used on it.  Never the less, the fun has been had with this one 🙂 
      All sorts of comments are always welcomed!

• By R2ED
      Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set.  So so so much to paint still. 

Here we go.  The necromancer.

I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo.  That stuff has terrible coverage.  Chalky.   And thinning it makes it take forever to dry.  Not a fan.  Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."  

I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works.  I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't.  She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.