Serpentfolk warriors (Nolzur's Yuan-Ti and Heroclix conversion)

I was in no mood to DM today so as one player stepped up to explain Numenera as a possible game to play as a temporary replacement while my batteries recharge for maybe a few weeks. I just on a whim grabbed this Bushmaster mini from Heroclix that I'd planned to fix up into a proper serpentfolk warrior. It was a simple matter of painting the metal blades into bony protrusions and the head to match the body, but until recently I had no good matching paints. Less so now. :lol:

SnakefolkBoneBlades.thumb.JPG.276f439599fdf66170dc030559121ead.JPG

(I mean honestly the paintjob on him is so basic it'd look like I'd painted him entirely either way, so why bother with a do-over?)

And I figured while I was at it, I might as well paint one of my two models of this Yuan-Ti malison. I figured he'd be as frustrating as that WizKids elf paladin. But surprisingly, less so. It'd still be a frustrating experience to paint if you really wanted to bring out the details, but I decided to go simple on this guy and his shield arm is so much less close to his body than the elf paladin's, so I managed to have a decent enough experience getting him done.

YuantiNolzur1.thumb.JPG.685d7890dce1bbf3a247b7f0f6038df7.JPG

• Like 14
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Krassling said:

Nice ones. I like the colours, especially the pink on the second one.

Thanks! I have no idea if snakes have pink on the inside of their mouths, I was originalyl going to use a dull red but changed my mind at the last second. :lol:

30 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Thanks! I have no idea if snakes have pink on the inside of their mouths, I was originalyl going to use a dull red but changed my mind at the last second. :lol:

It depends on the species.

Some are very pale (such as the cottonmouth), some are pink(ish), and range all the way to black (the infamous black mamba).

• Like 1