Attack of the GingerDEAD Man! (Reaper 02870 modified)

denofvd-665e0e47-7692-49ab-8f5d-87243daf

Reaper Miniatures #02870 "Familiar Pack VI" undead gingerbread man, modified with some putty to now be a very ANGRY animated cookie who's on a rampage.  "There can ONLY BE ONE!"

I figured I could use this as a character for Wonderland No More, as I've occasionally used the example of an animate gingerbread cookie as one of the more oddball player-character types you could drum up who doesn't fit into a conventional "fantasy race" profile.  I've already painted up one of the undead cookies (originally depicted as if holding his OWN head), but then got another Familiar Pack set, and decided to do this one differently.  I used some epoxy putty to give him a new (very angry) head, and then, in order to show where the spare head came from, used some more putty to make a headless body on the base (with cream frosting "gore" aplenty).

The building is made from Hirst Arts Castlemolds castings (Fieldstone and Wooden Planks molds).

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a series of really bad movies, the first one Called the Gingerdead man.. and the sequels are more or less titled the same with some extra words added... There is even a crossover film where he fights the Evil Bong... I think they are on Amazon prime. You should watch them so you get the nuances of portraying such an intricate character in games.. Just a warning though, they are filled with gratuitous nudity, violence and drug use,..

And also, the mini is pretty cool, good job. 

Edited by Smokestack
  • Confused 2
4 hours ago, Smokestack said:

There is a series of really bad movies, the first one Called the Gingerdead man.. and the sequels are more or less titled the same with some extra words added... There is even a crossover film where he fights the Evil Bong... I think they are on Amazon prime. You should watch them so you get the nuances of portraying such an intricate character in games.. Just a warning though, they are filled with gratuitous nudity, violence and drug use,..

Wait ... what?  Seriously for REAL?  Oh, who'm I kidding?  If there's any pun that could conceivably be used as the premise of a horror movie, it's probably been done by now.  😄

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Peacock said:
5 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Wait ... what?  Seriously for REAL?  Oh, who'm I kidding?  If there's any pun that could conceivably be used as the premise of a horror movie, it's probably been done by now.  😄

Oh yeah, totally a movies series with that title. I thought you knew when I saw the post title. The first one has Gary Busey as the Gingerdead Man. The whole series is produced by Full Moon Features, and is directed by Charles Band (who did the Puppet Master series). If you like B-grade horror movies, totally worth watching.

Your mini is a great homage, even if being an unintentional one.

• Like 1