Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Life is crazy right now so this was the only figure I could get done this week. And that was a bit of a miracle.
More Humblewood. This little guy had a military bearing to me, so I referenced some uniforms for the colors.
Even after a spray down it was a bit shiny for my taste though. Not sure what happened.
I had some good inspirational examples to follow for this one so I was able to crank this one out today.
I have rarely had a figure where I could literally use a rainbow of colors and it looks appropriate. I can't take credit for the color choices as I was copying another a figure I saw online (unfortunately I can't credit them since I don't know the painter). I am really happy with how he came out and enjoyed painting such vibrate colors. A lot of fantasy minis can be a little grungy.
I did keep the coat plain so that the colors would pop.
I have a habit of keeping out all of the paints I use while working on a figure and I don't switch out the parchment in the wet palette until done.
This mini got kind of crazy and I had to share the work space.
I didn't have much expectation for this figure, but when I was done, I was pretty happy with it.
These are just simple quick paint jobs. Cute little dragons though.
This week has been a week of experimentation. I tried my first NMM this week and my first attempt at actually shading hair rather than just dry brushing it like I have forever.
I still have free time, so I have been able to keep the production level up. My players will be starting a new adventure soon, and I need a whole new set of monsters. Oh gee, how sad, I have a
bunch of new minis that I "have to paint" (He says to his wife).
The week did not start out well. I was cleaning up the mold lines on this bones centaur (which are not conveniently placed) and I almost cut off his nose. This is not a figure that I was particularly excited about so I just slapped together a paint job and moved on. No fixing that nose. Tried to make the base pretty though.
Just like last week, I painted the bones brigands (one more set to go). These were intended more as practice faces and a little NMM on the guy on the left and the ax. I think it didn't come out too bad. and the faces are characterful. These guys will be the random ruffians/bandits that get thrown on the table now and then.
I had a little success with the face on this one. I also tried to do some shading on the hair. Only after I started did I read that black hair is actually a little tricky to highlight. This was a start.
I planned on NMM here but chickened out and moved on.
Nalani, Dancing girl
Working on skin tones and hair highlights on this one too. The metallics here are so small that I didn't even try NMM. I feel like the highlighting on the hair and the dress came out well.
Nemesra, Dancing girl
This one was an attempt at translucent clothing on the legs.
Townsfolk V Grandmother
The face came out as surprise, but that works for me.
Just a fun figure to paint.
Here is the owl knight from Hit Point Press's Humblewood setting. This one is the best of this week I think and he's also adorable. Big shout out to Wickedshifty who I copied for this mini. They did the NMM that I wanted to try and did it so well that I had to copy it just for practice. The front came out good, but the helmet on the back is not quite right. This has given me some confidence for more experimentation. I will probably look around for a mini that is really shiny to try it out on.
I doubt that I can keep this level of production up as I am trying to push my level of painting up a bit. But I am making a big dent in my pile of mini's. Let's see what happens next week.