Back after a long-ish hiatus. I had to take a break from painting earlier this year because of some eye issues. No that I can see right again, I wanted to take a simple-ish mini to completion. I used the RCL limited palette theme for July. 

While the paint job on these maggots can be better, it's gratifying to be back to doing something I enjoy immensely. 

PXL_20210721_051316689_MP.jpg

• Like 22
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By billeecats
      Darius, in blue robes. Quelle surprise. 

I'm quite pleased with his robes, and encouraged that I was able to lay down the gold trim on the finished robes without completely destroying them. 

Somewhere around the time I was painting the mouse I lost my patience, and it shows. But! I count any finished mini as a win 😅

• By billeecats
      Grim Reaper from the Bones 5 Core Set. 

First time trying a transparent glass effect (on the hourglass). The glow eyes didn't quite work out like I thought, and tips on how to fix those will be greatly appreciated. 

I also kinda meh'd my way through painting the integrated base, so I'd like to revisit him and give him a more complete base at some point. 

• By billeecats
      Basilisk from the Bones 5 Core Set.

I wanted to give him the classic green and gold coloring of the basilisks of lore, and I am happy with how he turned out.

Learning how to blend and layer is a continuous process of improvement for me, so tips and advice are welcome! 

• By billeecats
      Sethis the Mummy King from the Bones 4 set. This was a quick and dirty paint job to get a submission in for the July undead theme for RCL. This is also my first attempt at a simple NMM belt and lining. I still don't quite get where I should place the shadows and highlights, so I'll definitely appreciate tips and resources to learn how to do that. 

• By billeecats
      Newbie post. I've only painted half a dozen or so figures so far, but I'm enjoying myself, and that counts, right?! 

She's painted with a mix of Reaper MSP and Vallejo Game Color. I haven't done so yet, but I think I'd like to start chronicling the colors I use for each future mini. 

30001 Lysette, Elven Mage 

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)