Fer549 Journey through Bones V plus other minis.

I still consider myself a novice since getting involved in D&D and mini painting ~4 years ago. Bones V is my first miniature kickstarter. Below is what I ordered.

Bones 5 Core Set x1

Dragon Folk x1

Troll Bridge Encounter x1

Mammoth x1

Ballista x2

The Spiders of Emrith Kul x1

Arakoth the Ancient x1

The Dwarf King's Crypt x1

Ildraedis the Devourer x1

I've amassed IMO way too many unpainted miniatures for my own comfort. I'm going to use this forum to help motivate me and learn along the way.

I have a friend whose work I love. I commission him for some pieces from time to time to help make a dent in things.  I'll probably post his work here as well. 

Currently I'm going to try and finish The Spider of Emrith Kul encounter by Monday morning then have a goal of 3 miniatures a week.

Emrith Kul base.jpg

So to start off with here is my WIP of what I did last night after mowing the grass. Washed the whole set and got a purplish stone base on the terrain pieces and did most of the statue. Probably won't touch the statue again until dry brushing the web look around it. 

Emrith Kul WIP #1.jpg

Edited by Fer549
  • Like 15
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the orb influence. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it on here.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, Fer549 said:

Was able to get a good bit done after work. Might hit this with a brown wash later but for this evening going to move on to the individual figures.

If you haven't done the wash yet, try a quick drybrush on the stone before to bring out edges (I like doing this before and after a wash) - a creme or tan or light color. Search for a thread by @buglips*the*goblin
on drybrushing if you want more examples, which I found very helpful. Or save info your Troll Bridge to experiment.

Posted (edited)

So already falling behind. Still need to do the halfling. Made the spiders eyes similar to the orb. Thinking I’ll use this encounter as a cursed family turned into spiders. Mother, Father, son, and daughter. 

4FF84620-425C-4A1D-A69F-5A1F27272923.jpeg

On 7/23/2021 at 5:32 PM, vulture said:

That orb effect is looking really nice. details?

Used three colors. Focused the darkest on the bottom middle on the middle and lightest on the top but tried blending them. Then took my middle color emerald green and light dry brushed around the orb to try and get a glow look. The emerald has a metallic look in it which I think helps. I used that same green on the spider eyes.

8618DF9F-7EE4-4B10-AD32-AC34AFBDC473.jpeg

Edited by Fer549
  • Like 7

So it's been a crazy couple weeks with house issues and work. Still working on the Halfling to finish off the Spiders of Emrith Kul. Hoping to have that finished by saturday.

Meanwhile my friend did finish up some of the Dwarf King's Crypt. He is going to paint everything from the set besides the living dwarves which I want to get to next. He did finish everything but the Ghost in the set. Have to say I can't wait to use these. 

Dead dwarf king.jpg

Dwarf crypt.jpg

Dwarf statues..jpg

Dwarf zombies.jpg

Dwarf book.jpg

• Like 6